Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW suburbs 6/22-6/23

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NW suburbs 6/22-6/23

...and here it is. The thread for this upcoming weekend. Looks at this point like rain Friday and clear on Saturday. If it happens to be nice, then Meijer as usual on Friday. Then Saturday, I'll try to make it out to Photo's after my barbeque, and the cruise to McDonald's on Golf and 83.

Any takers?

I'm going to make "Do Not Touch" signs for the cars, and little wavy-banner things that say "STOP AND PARK!" to wave at those gawkers...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Intragration
I'm going to make "Do Not Touch" signs for the cars, and little wavy-banner things that say "STOP AND PARK!" to wave at those gawkers...
Sounds good.

Rain Friday night and Saturday morning. Mark told me there is a judged show in the Photo's side lot Saturday morning, at the Petie's place or whatever it's called. Might make it to that if the weather ends up being dry.

Also heard something about a track event Friday night. But the rain will likely kill that. I might be taking Friday off of work, too bad though because being at work would put me just about 25 mins away from GLD.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's clear, heading to GLD on Friday. Got a group of guys going up with me.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's right, I forgot about the judged shows. I'm definitely going to try to make those if weather permits.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Don't count on the shows or the track too much this weekend. Friday and Saturday weather looks, well,... fucked.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it rains i'm gonna make like Ryan and wax my undercarriage with a q tip.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Fri track, GLD, Gonna miss Meijer, that sucks
Sat 11-4 Peeties show, at Photo's, then obviously Photo's but I probably won't make anything after Peeties bc I got to go to a bachelor party for a guy at work.
Sun there is a judged show somewhere by Golf Mill, same people that are putting on the Sat show. I'm gonna try to make that one also.
I'd like to do a photoshoot with the car maybe on Sunday, we'll see how everything goes.

BTW, **** the weather. Actaully it will probably **** us, but it felt good to say anyway.
???
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Also, good idea on the signs Mike. Why didn't we think of that before!??!??!?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Mark.... do you have any details yet on the Peeties show? Like classes, judging method, etc.?

Still just wondering if it's even worth it to take the car. If they don't have a '90s Stock class, I don't stand a chance.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

I'll find out tomorrow, If they have a 90's-stock class, we'll be in for a hoot. Both cars in the same class finally!
I'm sure they will have probably a 90 to present class or something. I'll call them up tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Weird, it says there are only two replies to this thread...but there are obviously more. I haven't been getting regular subscription notifications sometimes too... What's up Ryan?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Mark.... do you have any details yet on the Peeties show? Like classes, judging method, etc.?

Still just wondering if it's even worth it to take the car. If they don't have a '90s Stock class, I don't stand a chance.
I'm sure there's a stock class, and Ryan, I don't see how you couldn't do well.

And what's the deal with stock? Would I be considered stock? Is modded considered wild, or do headers and no back seat put you into modded?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
I'll find out tomorrow, If they have a 90's-stock class, we'll be in for a hoot. Both cars in the same class finally!
Damn I forgot you're not '80s anymore. That means I'm still fucked. You'll always get the win with those damn killer looking Firehawk wheels! But maybe I could take 2nd.

I know I need to reply to your PM still. I hope to get that done later today.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 06-21-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Intragration
Weird, it says there are only two replies to this thread...but there are obviously more. I haven't been getting regular subscription notifications sometimes too... What's up Ryan?
Site needed some resetting. It seems to be fixed now.

I'm sure there's a stock class, and Ryan, I don't see how you couldn't do well.

And what's the deal with stock? Would I be considered stock? Is modded considered wild, or do headers and no back seat put you into modded?
There's usually always a stock class, but unless they break it down by years or era, the newer cars will have a hard time.

For this type of show, I'm sure you'd be in stock class too.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah the site was fucked up yesterday.

Mike, this is according to the juding guidelines at the TA Nationals, to be in stock class.

Changes allowed in stock classes are limited to the following:
Any stock appearing floor mats, or door handle inserts
Any stock appearing aftermarket shifter
The stock hood scoop made functional (opened up)
Any firebird/trans am wheels from the same model year, or valve stems
Any aftermarket exhaust system with stock appearing tips
Any firebird/trans am factory option from the same model year
Most aftermarket stereos that fit without dash modifications, cb's, telephones, or radar detectors.
Any stock type body side moldings
Any factory type aftermarket replacement parts
Any stock appearing window tints
Parking stickers, permits, and club stickers

But of course this is a judged 100 point scale show. Most local shows are participant voting and the rules are not the same most of the time. Also the classes are usually different bc they don't cater to just F-Bodies so it's not by generations, this way my car is in the 90+ category and that sucks because if it was a '89 it would be a totally different ballgame.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if those shows are being put on by that Blackdog Promotions guy that does most of these "judged" shows in the nw burbs you're gonna laugh your *** off, that dude is a complete stroke.

his shows are "judged" by himself and his little lacky buddy and neither of them know what they are doing. I went to a few of his shows like 3 years ago, realized the guy is a retard and haven't gone since, if nothing else because nothing he does has any cars at it, i don't know how he's still around and paying his rent.

is it blackdog promotions that's doing those shows this weekend Mark? most likely is if its peeties b/c he was doing their cruise -ins last summer that nobody went to..actually every cruise in that guy has done has bombed..the steak and shake shows,etc..
Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Sean, yeah that's the guy! That sucks, what a tool. We got the flyers at Meijer last Friday. So you think that it's a waste of time? Damnit, I need a show to go to.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Good info Sean.

No point in risking getting caught in the rain for a bullshit show then. I'll take a pass.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

We've had some really nice weekends... Looks like we've got a shitty one on tap. If by some miracle it doesn't rain, I'm still going to that show on Saturday. As they say, a bad car show beats a good day at work.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

You keep refering to peeties, where is that? Is that at the other photos location? I dunno. My car is no where near judged show material. But if its half assed decent out I will be out somewhere.

Just found out a little tidbit of information from my family. Seems that my uncle and one of his buddies started the whole Mc Donalds thing way back when he was in high school. Showed up with a big block Chevelle and a 440 mopar popped the hoods and next thing they new there were 6 squads in the lot waiting for them to go race. Huh.

I come from a long line of hotrodders. Hell my gramps used to build alot of the race motors people ran in thier ole school cars before he shut down his shop. DAMN YOU AUTOZONE!