Insurance, Anyone???

Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Insurance, Anyone???

Ok, so I was driving to work this morning, and there were 2 cars in front of me. the first car missed his turn, so he pulls off the side of the road, and the other car goes around him. Instead of looking in his mirror to see if anyone else is coming, he goes to bust a U in front of me & I catch the rear fender of his car. How does insurance work in this case?? Here's some pics of the damage.

an accident report was written up, and the other guy clearly stated it was his fault. what I'm wandering, since it is a custom paint job & I don't have a paint code, will the whole car have to be repainted??

Last edited by YellowTA1; 06-20-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds to me like he's at fault. Ya'll get a police report?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Somthing similar happened to me and killed my WS6. I was in the right lane passing a truck who was going like 15mph in the left lane. As soon as my front wheels were lined up with the edge of his front bumper, he made a hard right turn into the gas station next to me. He was on a cellphone and never even looked over. I was goin 40mph and nailed a curb and got airborne.
At least yours can be fixed!
Take the car to a good shop and see if they can match it. If not & you need a whole paint job, insurance will still give you a check for the damages and the paint needed on the bumper. DO NOT let them tell you where to go. DO NOT go to a dealership. That's the best advise I can give you
If you are near Houston, go to Richey Collision and they will make it right for you
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was almost in a situation like that myself. Guy got over in the left lane and I stated to pass then all of a sudden he wanted to get back in the right lane. I was betwene a 1 ton dodge and a ditch....not good at all.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, he was given a ticket for making a turn when unsafe, and his insurance company still refuses to accept responsibility: they've denied the claim, so I don't know what to do now, since I didn't have collision coverage. maybe small claims court?? anyone ever taken someone to small claims court before??
Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Since he was issued a ticket for an unsafe turn , I would guess his insurance company might change their tune if you got a lawyer involved !
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big wally 55
Since he was issued a ticket for an unsafe turn , I would guess his insurance company might change their tune if you got a lawyer involved !

It won't do me any good to hire a lawyer, imo, since the damages are less than what a lawyer would charge me. so I was going to try to take them on myself.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Even though you dont have collision insurance see if your insurance company can help you out. They should be willing to help one of their customers get their car fixed.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you gotten any advice from your insurance company? A lot of times they know what route is best, and also whether the other insurance company SHOULD take responsibility... And it was definitely the other guy's fault. Don't let his insurance company screw you.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Have you gotten any advice from your insurance company? A lot of times they know what route is best, and also whether the other insurance company SHOULD take responsibility... And it was definitely the other guy's fault. Don't let his insurance company screw you.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, and sorry you have to deal with it. It is a huge PITA even when the other person accepts responsibility. I just went through a bunch of insurance crap when I got side wiped a couple months ago and the lady admitted it was 100% her fault. I can't even imagine having to fight from the beginning.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

contact your insurance and tell them what happened and let the two insurances fight it out. that is what i did when i got hit by another car. i had a check in my hand in less than 8 days.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Teching In

next time you talk to the liability adjuster, tell them you have a copy of the police report and it blatenly states their insured is at fault, if they dont agree, tell them you will file a claim with your insurance and have them subrogate it out to their company, then threaten to contact the texas department of insurance and open a case with them, unless there is something you are not telling us, everything will be resolved, which insurance company is it??

Search this Thread