General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

another weird problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Question another weird problem?

damn this car is starting to make me wonder? but anyways I just went out a while ago after running some errands earlier with no problems and when I went out the car would not start it was totally dead! but there was a "security" light on so I figured it had something to do with it so I played with the keys a bit with no luck and after calling my buddy SEBLS1 and was talking to him I went to try and start it again and bingo it started! what gives?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Starter is going out is my guess. If it made no clicks when you turned the key, the solenoid isn't kicking out the bendix. If it doesn't even spin, then it's not giving the motor power.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If you have the PASS-Key II system you have a little resitor stuck in the middle of your key, little black thing. If it gets wet, dirty, loose, falls out, etc. the security system thinks someone is trying to start the car with the wrong key. It shuts down the vehicle's starter and fuel systems for 3 minutes. The Security light will also be lit. Clean the key, wait 3 minutes and try again. The theory is that a car thief will not wait around to try to restart the car. Check owner's manual or online for info on PASS-key.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ghardester
If you have the PASS-Key II system you have a little resitor stuck in the middle of your key, little black thing. If it gets wet, dirty, loose, falls out, etc. the security system thinks someone is trying to start the car with the wrong key. It shuts down the vehicle's starter and fuel systems for 3 minutes. The Security light will also be lit. Clean the key, wait 3 minutes and try again. The theory is that a car thief will not wait around to try to restart the car. Check owner's manual or online for info on PASS-key.
this is what I think happened! thanks for that info! I need a spare key and alarm key pad!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Moving to General Maintenance & Repairs...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Moving to General Maintenance & Repairs...
sorry but thanks!