General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaks , Squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks , Squeaks

The front end of my car Squeaks like crazy when the car gets hot ,or it's hot outside. The squeak is on the p side more on the spring. Does anyone have the same problem? Any lube that will stop it? I’ve tried the A C Delco white stuff (doesn't work) I've tried some clear stuff (doesn't work). The squeaks are like rubber rubbing metal.

Last edited by 5301113; 06-22-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Where are you putting this grease? Are you sure that's where the problem is? Is it a constant squeak or only when the car is moving?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Where are you putting this grease? Are you sure that's where the problem is? Is it a constant squeak or only when the car is moving?

I put the lube around the spring, the constant squeak is when the car is moving
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

i made a post like this a few days ago, no hits on mine,,but sounds like the same deal,,,mine only does it after i run the air with the car sitting for a bit,,,,did this to me last year, greased up my sway bar ends and it stopped doing it,,(((or the temps around here dropped))),,,but its back again. If i am sitting, not moving or driving, and running the air fora bit,,,,once i take off, i have grinding noises from both sides of the front. Do i need to grease my sway bar yearly? I have not done it this year yet to see if it resolves my issues. Good luck with yours!!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
i made a post like this a few days ago, no hits on mine,,but sounds like the same deal,,,mine only does it after i run the air with the car sitting for a bit,,,,did this to me last year, greased up my sway bar ends and it stopped doing it,,(((or the temps around here dropped))),,,but its back again. If i am sitting, not moving or driving, and running the air fora bit,,,,once i take off, i have grinding noises from both sides of the front. Do i need to grease my sway bar yearly? I have not done it this year yet to see if it resolves my issues. Good luck with yours!!
My car does the EXACT same thing,
What grease did u use? much does it cost? where did u get it? where did u put it?