Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

waxing issues !! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waxing issues !! HELP

Okay ever once in a while when i wax my car does on my camaro the cleaner,polish,wax all leave a haze mark.. even when i wash the doors and scrub them with dawn soap its still there.. i used my buffer and it made them worse.

why does this only happen on the doors?

how can i remove the haze looks?

is this just another GM shitty paint/clear job done at the factory.. no where else on the car is this a issue,it drives me nuts..
Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of buffer and what other materials are you using to apply and remove all your products with?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM

sounds like a bad product. check your dates and keep them inside not in your garage....also sounds like the cleaner and polisher might be too abrassive, plus never use a dish washing product on your paint since you did you just super dried out your paint leaving a oxidized look..
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

the buffer has nothing to do with the haze since it made a haze even with me using my hand applying the wax. the wax is really old and it does sit in my garage in the winters in a box. strange how it works perfect everywhere else? its just a orbital buffer and i do need to get a new apply pad for it,but like i said i have used it before on my car and had no problems with anywhere else on the car. is it maybe a build up of wax?

what do i do to fix this?

wax is meguries
Old 06-20-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

clay bar the whole car and re-apply the polish/wax again. make sure you wash your car with dawn first to remove any old wax......then begin the clay bar process.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

okay. what is causing the hazing though any ideas? maybe wax,polish build up since the car never gets dirty and i might wax it to often and to much?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

im no expert on this stuff, but i doubt its wax build up. once the first layer of wax is on, its hard to cake it on. With one layer of wax, the next layer is not fully applied to the paint. Its kinda hard to explain. The first layer acts as a barrier, therefore the next layer just goes on and buffs completly off.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

duh thats true . maybe my door weren't painted with enough paint or clear like the rest of the car during th building process and they dull easy when be waxed? i dunno.. thanks guys

Quick Reply: waxing issues !! HELP