great day today, lubbock here i come

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default great day today, lubbock here i come

well we just got back from our hawai'i cruise today and ill have a ton of pics up once i get them all on here .... but the best thing about today is i when we were going through the mail and i found my application reply's to Texas Tech University ..... ACCEPTED hell ya ill be back in my hometown for school starting this fall, i cant wait, oh for anyone wondering its for mechanical engineering ....... also if this post is kinda out of sync its cause im tired and super excited now that i found that out so im kinda buzzing right now
Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

im in mechanical engineering at UNT, then i plan on going to SAM after. good luck with all that red sand and your car haha, id get a car cover!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

OH you loser, I guess I'll be alone in Tyler... ):

thats cool man, I've got some guys out there, Congratulations homeboy.

PS my interior is starting to kick serious ***...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
OH you loser, I guess I'll be alone in Tyler... ):

thats cool man, I've got some guys out there, Congratulations homeboy.

PS my interior is starting to kick serious ***...
thanks im really looking forward to it, if i hadnt got in i would be going to Tyler also, you should go to Tech also i need a roommate so i can get a decent apartment lol .... what all you got going on this week, i wanted to see how your interior was coming along

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
im in mechanical engineering at UNT, then i plan on going to SAM after. good luck with all that red sand and your car haha, id get a car cover!
oh yeah i know all about that i was born in lubbock and most of my dad's side of the family still lives up there, luckily for me my uncle's family owns a furniture rental store so i can get kick *** deals on really nice furniture for my apartment, ill prolly get a car cover like you said cause ill be on one of my 2 motorcycles most of the time
Old 06-21-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a friend with a fairly nice house in lubbock, He's looking for a roomate for the next year cause his current one is a fricken lunatic... I'll give him a call and see if he is still looking...

I just put the last cover on the seats... exactly 1 year later, lol

I'm going to town tomorrow to get some more vinyl and adhesive to wrap all the interior panels and finish up the door panels (pain in the ***)
Old 06-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Sweet so i guess your leaving good ole L town huh? Well I guess its always nice to go back where your originally from. Someday id like to say ill moce back to SoCal but after being away im starting to thing Texas really is the best place ever!

Im flying home tomorrow! So ill give you a ring sometime during the week to see what your up to.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

congrats man, i definetely had some fun while i was up there.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

ill be here till the end of summer so i can still hang out till then, and im coming back as much as i can ..... yeah that would be awesome for the roommate ricky let me know if he still is cause i would be very interested
Old 06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I make the trip to Lubbock quite a few times a year! Their only an hour and a half from me. Can't beat being right next to TSP and going to old SLIDEalou raceway! Maybe I'll see you around.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

definetely, im also looking forward to being right next to TSP, cause before i go im either getting a ls1 this summer or im gonna get my zx10r like originally planned, i know theres a few other members up in the area
Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im going to the business scool this fall at tech, are the roads as bad as i hear or how will my ls1 do on them? im going to be living on campus and already ordered the covered parking garage sticker
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome back! The roads aren't THAT bad, but they're not the best either. There are plenty of us that DD our LS1 cars without any issues, you just have to be watchful of small craters (AKA potholes) in the road and know the areas that get bad flooded when it rains.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 06-22-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

mechanical engineering +1

Tech -1

congrats on getting where you wanted to be...post some pics of that ZX10R when you get it.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

thanks, whats wrong with tech lolthey have one of the strongest engineering departments in TX, my cousin graduated civil there and had a ton of job offers

the roads are not bad at all i drove my lt1 up there when i had my full exhuast and was lowered and i didnt really have any problems and i only had about 3-4 inches clearance on my headers, cars stock now except for still being lowered so i dont have any thing to worry about now, i cant wait to get up there and get this thing started so i can finish and get to work making some decent money

you do have to watch for the occasional ice on the road to
Old 06-22-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
thanks, whats wrong with tech
nothing per say wrong with it, I'm just not a fan. Engineering dept. is good. As I said, good choice going mechanical- it's ridiculously broad. I think that it makes you the most well-rounded of any engineering degree.

Have fun with that dry county....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

lol cant be any worse than where i am now, that and my grandma lives out past the strip where all the beer stores are so i can make a trip to see my grandma and get some beer at the same time, brilliant lol

hey ricky you got a # for the guy looking for a roommate so i can call him see if he is still looking if i dont see anything on this tonight ill give you a buzz tomorrow
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Congratulations, my daughter got accepted to Tech also, she will be up there the 24th thru the 26th for new student orientation.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by keystothez
Congratulations, my daughter got accepted to Tech also, she will be up there the 24th thru the 26th for new student orientation.
awesome so what should i be lookin for to know which one is yours ...... lol jfwy, thats awesome that she got it.... it took me a while to finally get where i want to be after my military stint, im really looking forward to it, i need to call them on monday to figure out what they want me to do since ill be a transfer student, and i am definetily going to be getting a apartment, no thank you to dorms, did enough of that with the military