Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

total Newb. please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default total Newb. please help

Im ordering the alpine type r's for my door speakers, becuase im pretty sure they will fit, but the problem im having is finding a good Midbass speaker for hte panels behind the front seat. I have the Monsoon, and was planning on running that amp till i get a new headunit and amp. Eventually i wll get a sub, but thats down the road

what do you recomend for good bass that will fit in the stock location? Will a JL w0-6 fit? Please let me know. Mike.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have PM!! The W0-6 may have a mounting depth issue. If it's anything like the eD eu700s (spacer needed), CDT M6 (no Mod), Image Dynamics (not sure if mod needed), these are the most popular.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Launching!

thanks alot, anyone else have any opinions?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by barracuda_440
thanks alot, anyone else have any opinions?
nope - Walking-dead listed the best options worth considering -- I haven't read much about the Image Dynamics back there off of stock power, but I'm sure they're nice as well. I would personally make a decision between the CDTs or Elemental Designs eu700s..... eu700s can handle more power if you amp them and act closer to subs than the CDTs which are more ideal for true midbass -- may benefit better from CDT off of stock power since they are more efficient as well... also, whether or not you want to mess with a spacer may impact your decision... I wouldn't think too hard about the decision if I were you -- can't really go wrong either way.

EDIT: Do you drive a Camaro or Firebird?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Launching!

I drive a camaro, im thinkin im gonna go with the CDTS for midbass and the Alpine Type R's for the doors.