Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

White Paint- what wax system do you guys use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default White Paint- what wax system do you guys use?

Getting ready to wash and wax my white 95 formula and wanted some opinions on what you guys like. The paint is pretty decent, I waxed it once last year and didn't drive it fall or winter. From what I hear ZAINO is the best... but I may wait till next season to use the zaino products. I also hear people talk about mothers and maguiers... any opinions on the products they have out now and from START to FINISH what systems are you susing and liking on white cars or any cars for that matter??? also does anyone use the quick detailing sprays they have out now as a finisher? thanks guys!

Last edited by onefastbird95; 06-22-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my current recommendation would be Tropi-care TC-3 topped with Collinite Insulator 845 Wax. CIW is my favorite wax on white, and I really like the look I get topping the Tc-3 with it on the light colors.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

I used meguirs products
before:

after:

Old 06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Teching In

meguiar's gold class all the way
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whicker94maro
meguiar's gold class all the way

meguiars yes. megs gold class car wash yes. gold class wax? nuh uh. NXT wax!

.....same wax you would use on any color car
Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
meguiars yes. megs gold class car wash yes. gold class wax? nuh uh. NXT wax!

.....same wax you would use on any color car
Is the NXT that much better than the gold class??? Just wondering why you guys like the NXT so much cause I am interested in it!

Also do you guys do everything by hand or use a buffer at all in the process?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Teching In

i use meguiar's Gold Class wash and its amazing. i've used both NXT and Gold Class waxes and i do everything by hand. worried that i might mess up my paint if i use a buffer or something. i was stuck on NXT for the longest time then i tried the Gold Class and it blew the NXT away. NXT is fast and while it does leave a good shine...you can't layer it. 2 at the max and even then you can't tell. it protects fairly well too. but the Gold Class, while taking longer to apply and remove, is well worth the effort. you can layer it and tell a difference in the shine. and it lasts forever. i used Gold Class way back in April and the shine has lasted a while. the only reason i re-applied it was because of a car show i entered today. i'd definitely go with Gold Class.

i dunno about anyone else...but this is my method when i really wanna CLEAN my white Camaro:
-wash with dawn
-Meguiar's claybar
-wash with Gold Class
-Meguiar's 3-Step
-2 or 3 applications of Meguiar's Gold Class
i've done that for every show i've entered and done very well. and it looks amazing. i'd like to try out some Tropi-Care or some Zaino products or at least step it up to the Meguiar's Show Car quality products to see those results but i just don't have the money to spend on it right now.

not the best, but here are a few pics of mine with a fresh quick detail (unfortunately i didn't clay or 3-step it this time and this is only one coat of Gold Class):

and here are two older ones but it was after clay, 3-step, and 3 coats of Gold Class:

(^^^sorry for the crappy lighting...was in a hurry...but you can still see my reflection from around 15 feet away)

Last edited by whicker94maro; 06-24-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Pics of the Camaro I detailed today with Meg Gold

Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

Meguires gold class all the way!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Meguiar's Gold Class provides a very nice shine.

Gold Class is also one of the least durable products they sell .. If you were to list out all the LSP's that Meguiar's sells .. it is at the bottom of the list.
Mequiar's #26 is a lot more durable than Gold Class, if you like the carnauba look.

If you like the look of Gold class, then put a coat of NXT or one of the other synthetic/sealants available, such as Tropi-care, Wolfgang, Meg's #21, Klasse or somethign else .. then TOP it with Gold Class.

I would recommend using the Tropi-care TC-3 .. it is very easy to use, provides great results, and is not very expensive, then top it with the Carnauba of your choice . in this case, Gold Class
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onefastbird95
Is the NXT that much better than the gold class??? Just wondering why you guys like the NXT so much cause I am interested in it!

Also do you guys do everything by hand or use a buffer at all in the process?

after using both. the NXT is just so much easier to use and it smells amazing. i invested in a DA polisher not long ago and love it. but for the last 8 years i've done everything by hand
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Meguiar's Gold Class provides a very nice shine.

Gold Class is also one of the least durable products they sell .. If you were to list out all the LSP's that Meguiar's sells .. it is at the bottom of the list.
Mequiar's #26 is a lot more durable than Gold Class, if you like the carnauba look.

If you like the look of Gold class, then put a coat of NXT or one of the other synthetic/sealants available, such as Tropi-care, Wolfgang, Meg's #21, Klasse or somethign else .. then TOP it with Gold Class.

I would recommend using the Tropi-care TC-3 .. it is very easy to use, provides great results, and is not very expensive, then top it with the Carnauba of your choice . in this case, Gold Class

we cant get 21 in CA. it didn't pass the VOCs

but #7 and 26 are good too
Old 06-24-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
we cant get 21 in CA. it didn't pass the VOCs
are you sure about that? that is the first I have heard of that .. can't imagine that it would be acceptable to manufacture it there, but not to sell it.

now I am curious ..

Quick Reply: White Paint- what wax system do you guys use?