Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!! Water Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help!!! Water Problem!

So I went out of town and didn't know it was going to rain and had my tops off/windows down in front of the house and it rained for a solid 6 hours. Anything I can do to get rid of all the water and take care of my seats*leather* its all puddled up in the back floor board and ****! BLAH.. so yeah.. HELP!!!!! :sadnana:
Old 06-24-2007, 05:06 AM
TECH Addict

Take the interior apart and pull the carpet out is about the only right way to do it. You might be able to get away with pulling the seats and renting a steam cleaner to suck the water out and then shampoo the carpet. For the seats I'm not to sure what to recommend other than letting them sit in the sun. Are they stained at all from the water sitting on them?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Take the interior apart and pull the carpet out is about the only right way to do it. You might be able to get away with pulling the seats and renting a steam cleaner to suck the water out and then shampoo the carpet. For the seats I'm not to sure what to recommend other than letting them sit in the sun. Are they stained at all from the water sitting on them?
He's right you need to just pull it all out (down to the bare metal), dry it out, and then put it back in... It will only take 30 minutes to 1 hour to get the whole interior out (minus the dash, no need to pull it).

Don't be lazy, do the work
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

front and rear seats come out in 30 minutes max. the front seats are only held on with 4 bolts. then just look for any bolts that are anchoring the carpet to the floor and take them out. yank the carpet and clean the carpet and the seats and let them dry. if theres any water underneath u could pull your drain plugs(little black circular rubber pieces in the floor) and dry off the floor. it really isnt as bad as it sounds.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

dont have backseats and there wasn't any water standing on the seats just puddled up in the back floor board but looks like i'll be taking the carpet out tomorrow
Old 06-24-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car has been flooded twice up to the center console. Both times I just steamed cleaned it without taking out the interior then let it air out then threw some air freshners under seat. Everything seems fine so me. My car has had some bad luck from the get go....got rearended after five days of ownership and it still runs like a champ.