Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So-so night at the track....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So-so night at the track....

I went out last night to try and do some pre-N vs. S tuning. I wasn't able to add any weight to the car yet, so I'm still under the 3200lb. minimum. Traction was pretty much non-existent, even on my "monster truck" 29.5x10.5 tires. I spun some on every pass, and my 60' times were off by .05 or so.

I was planning to do a little fuel/timing tuning and eek a little more out of the current combination, but on the 1st pass, I lost a damn muffler! One of the brackets that I have welded to the muffler (that makes up my ghetto hanger) broke off, so I dragged the muffler all the back to my pit spot. You would've thought I had broken the crankshaft or something from all the noise it was making with the muffler dragging along the ground.

Overall, the car was running pretty good despite the heat and humidity. The best pass last night was a 10.09 @ 132.5mph, but I don't think there is any more in the car until I upgrade a few parts here and there. A nice new set of bigger headers would probably be a step in the right direction. Maybe one day...
Old 05-08-2003, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: So-so night at the track....

What rpm are you leaving at? Do you have a tranny brake or are you just using the stall?
Old 05-08-2003, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Excellent E.T.

You will hit the 9's again in no time....
Old 05-08-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

What rpm are you leaving at? Do you have a tranny brake or are you just using the stall?
I played around with both last night... The car was spinning whether I was footbraking or using the brake.

When I footbrake the car, I stall it up to ~2800rpm or so, and when I use the t-brake, I usually have the 2-step set to ~4500rpm.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Resident Grump

How far under 3200??
Old 05-09-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

How far under 3200??
Honestly Joe, I don't know... I haven't weighed the car since the TR Shootout, but I haven't really changed much as far as weight... I did switch to manual brakes, but I don't think that made more than ~5lbs. worth of difference as far as weight goes. I'm also running front and rear tires that are slightly heavier than I was before, and I've put on a pound or two myself...

My guess would be around 3050lbs. or so right now, but that's a wild guess. I'm going to fab up some bolt-in ballast before Saturday, and go do some testing @ ~3200lbs. in the heat (Saturday is supposed to be 93deg!!!), then leave the car alone until the BG event.