Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor question

i cant find anyone in town that carries the extensions so will it be ok to drive my car about 30 miles without them in? can i put the rear sensors in instead of the front and still be ok till i get my extensions in? what are my options because im taking my car to get the cat back welded in in about an hour and i need tokonw if its ok to drive.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you'll throw a SES light, and the car will run like **** unless you got WOT the entire way. Front o2's are what allow the pcm to increase/decrease fuel. I dont think anyone would have extensions unless you had a performance shop around you. I'm pretty sure c5 corvette rear o2's will work as your front ones without needing extensions. However, im not sure if you want to spend money for two new o2 sensors.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

It will not hurt anything except ur gas mileage! the o2 sensors measure the amount of air an fuel in ur exhaust gases, when u take them out it will only read the outside air, an will tell ur pcm to dump more fuel, thus will make ur car run rich! Ive been waiting for my pacesetter lts and universal x pipe kit to come in an, im just running with exhaust manifolds, my fuel mileage dropped about 3-4 mpg! haha
Old 06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes o2's measure only the amount of oxygen in the exhaust, so dont plug them in, but leave them hanging outside of the exhaust or they will continously dump more fuel and the car will probably stall. If anything just keep them in the exhaust, and leave them unplugged. I would still try to get a set of o2's before i drove it.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^holy ***** i got quoted and it was a drunk post....cool beans

for the OP you can use the vette rear o2s...they have longer wires...