Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 no spark

I recently installed an LS1 in my 69 camaro. This engine was installed and ran but not well. Engine was flooding bad. Since that point engine has lost spark and will not run. Is there any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would start doing a good visual inspection. I would also hook up a scanner and check the codes. Are you getting good fuel pressure? Verify the wiring, and also you will need to test the coils and associated wiring. The Chilton for the 93-02 F-Body covers most of the troubleshooting. Are you sure you hooked up the crank sensor behind the starter? Make sure everything is connected correctly. Can we get a few more details???
Old 06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your groud and make sure the are enough of them and that they are tight. See about using or renting a scopt to see what all of your sensors are reading. who did the PCM.. get them a call. Did they flash out the VATS ? or are u using a Sim.

Check all of your sensors (crank, cam, maf, map, o2, etc)
Old 06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Lt1wiring modified my harness and programmed my computer and took all emissions and vats out. Engine ran very bad. I removed plugs and cranked engine over and fuel squired out of the cylinders. I installed fuel pressure gauge and have 60psi. Now I have no spark. Crank sensor is hooked up. I do not have a scanner in the process of getting one. What sensor could cause this problem?