Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust on the way, Just 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust on the way, Just 1 ?

I ordered my pacesetter LT's and true duals with spiral flows and they should be here in about a week. I was just curious as to how much louder i should expect the new exhaust to be compared to my current set-up which is stock down to flowmaster cat-back. i believe its 80-series, not 100% sure it was on the car when i purchased it.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

have you checked this out yet?
http://www.ls1sounds.com
its gonna get louder in the car as well as outside. poss. number on that could be 2-3 times louder. i will say that i am fairly use to mine so loud is only at high rpm.
are you gonna dump at axle or go over/under?
your going pretty much the same route i did. i was amazed at the sound difference between the 2 setups.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

It's going to be dumped for now. But, if i begin to not be able tolerate it i will probably have it ran under the axle. I'm fairly certain that won't be a problem though, as I'm young and enjoy the sound of a healthy exhaust.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's gonna be a hell of a lot louder than your current setup. I heard a clip of a camaro with your setup dumped under the car and it was loud. I like a healthy exhaust as well, but I can't stand the interior drone that can accompany it. Dumping under the car is gonna seriously up the interior decibel level.

Try it out, if you don't like it just run it out the back.