Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone test LM I vs LM II at the track ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone test LM I vs LM II at the track ??

I know the LM I can be a bit much for some.
So SLP must have had a lot of guys wanting them to tame it down.

I just got a LM II muffler for testing, & was surprised to find that it is
restricted inside. A 2.25" pipe is a little 'loose' when sticking it in the muffler, so I'm guessing the inside diameter is at what the inside diameter of a 2.5" pipe is, or approx: 2.37".

So that's why they made the new LM, a 'modular' design, so you can switch out the LM II muffler when you what to make some power at the track. Or is it a 'marketing' move, to package the system in a smaller box ?

SLP Quote on the LM II muffler:
A bit milder without sacrificing that legendary SLP quality & power.
A little quiter than the original LM I.

Ok exhaust flow gurus... Will this perforated 2.5" pipe inside a 14" long, 4" diameter bullet muffler case, cause a HP loss ?? Or does SLP know their ****.

Has anyone tested both LM I & LM II at the track to see if there's a power loss ??

I have a 3" system on a 12.9x @ 107.xx car. I'll be testing this in the rear as a 'tailpipe', in my system. So it will be easy to make a few runs with it in place. Then a few more runs with it removed.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you would see any differences at the track between the LM1 and LM2. Both flow very well, and the LM2 is just a hair quieter than the LM1. Go with the one that sounds the best for your setup-neither will hurt performance in a noticeable way.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

less than 3-5rwhp difference so nothing you would notice
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

they are both straight through designs with no restrictions, neither would make more power than the other (I have owned both).....the perforations arent restrictions....