Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best way to clean interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to clean interior?

Hey guys:

I'm gonna buy a heavily-used Trans Am that's probably gonna need a very thorough cleaning - steam carpet cleaning and good washing of the leather seats. The car is a 1999 by the way.

Anyway, what's the best way for the cleaning? Should I take it to a carpet cleaner - the truck-mounted home carpet cleaning people - and have them steam clean the interior?

How can I clean the seats? I don't like Armour All because it makes everything too slippery.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

A truck mount would be a little overkill for that. They wouldnt go it, and they would charge quite a bit if they did. Find someone that details cars and they will have some kind of portable machine that would work great, or go buy one of the home spotter machines. They sell leather cleaners/protectors that would work great for you. Where you at?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just stripped out the whole interior, wiped every panel with Adams all purpose cleaner, same with the seats and all the plastic in the car. I treated them the Adams plastic and rubber stuff and the seats and leather with the zaino leather cleaner and treatment. I then used the Adams carpet and apolstry cleaner on the carpet, headliner, etc. and then steamcleaned the living hell out of everything with a Hoover steamcleaner.

Did this to make the car non smoking.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Steam cleaning the carpets usually always makes a difference. I mean it did when I did my 94 Z...
Old 06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

If you have a smoke odor, you can use ozone to get that out. Ozone will elimate all odors, as long as you get rid of the source.