Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Good price for detail?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good price for detail?

so ive wanted to detail my car for the longest time now but i just dont have a buffer, and id rather just have someone do it right. the place comes to your house and for an entire exterior detail it is $85. this includes everything on the outside, claying, rubbing compound, wax, wheels, rims etc. is 85 a good price?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To buff, it's rather too cheap. That makes me question the work they do.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Holy God! Youve got to be kidding! The only reputable places that do a job like that around Fresno dont come to your house and charge $200+. If these guys are like I said reputable, Id jump on it like a fat kid on a cup-cake!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Launching!

yea thats what i figured, i mean everyone i kno recommends there work, and i called today to verify that they do everything i want. only thing is im getting a new hood soon and im getting my front bumper and back bumper (ceta) painted. do you think i should just wait to get all 3 done and then detail it? or should i do it now?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

That's what they charge here in NY also
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got my car detailed about a month ago. It cost 130bucks and I included giving the guy a 20dollar tip. They washed my car buffed it out very nice waxed it with a good wax I cant remeber what it is but its still on their after a few good wash's. They cleaned out my interior and did a leather treatment took off my wheels and cleaned them good but not very good. Also they ofcourse vacumed the whole car cleaned all the windows and for an extra 20bucks they detailed under my hood so for 170bucks this is what I got done and I am very happy the guy took his time and did a real nice job on it. The whole process took about 5 hours with just 1 guy on the car

he did an amazing job

quadd
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Teching In

they took the wheels off? humm $130... sounds very cheap wheels off and minor undercarriage (gas tank, visable shocks, rear end) STARTS at $250 here in Atlanta. A friend of mine has a 2004 F430 and it was pretty clean before the detail, especially the interior... had some dust on the wheels and exterior just from sitting in garage. And I believe the car has less than 3500 miles. His detailer cuts him a deal @ $150... and it was already clean to begin with. The same guy details another friend of mine's Volvo S70R shampoo, leather condition, clay bar, 4-step compound, polish, sealer, wax and he said he pays extra for cleaning brake rotors (w/ wheels still on) and he set up for once a month for $160, and that's signing a year contract. When the car doesn't need a full detail the charge is $85.

I drive a junker so there is no need in me getting a detail... and who ever says a cleaner car is a faster car, come clean up my car, and if it's faster, I'll pay for it...

But for $85, I would want a ton of references before I let them touch a nice car.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

But in Bandera... thats a different story... you get the fine services of Rasco and his dirty rags detailing services... all the roads are dirt, so no point in cleaning them...

Quick Reply: Good price for detail?