Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Sway Bar End Links Correct size lowered ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Sway Bar End Links Correct size lowered ???

I need help... I lowered my camaro w/Eibach Prokit and KYB AGX Adjustable shocks and today I put a used Spohn 22mm Chrome Moly Sway Bar but I'm not sure if the stock size (2 7/8") of the Rear Sway Bar End Links is good or if I need to get shorter or longer ones ????
The ones I have are Energy Suspension 9.8118G End Link Set, Do u guys like this or there are better ones ????
Thx.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my car is lowered a little over an inch in the back, and I've got a 9" rear with those brackets that space the swaybar down an extra inch. I'm using stock length endlinks, and it is perfect angle-wise. I had the longer endlinks on there that were supplied with the swaybar bracket kit, but they kicked the swaybar geometry way off once I lowered the car. They were longer to accomodate for the swaybar being mounted an inch lower than stock. However, since I lowered the car an inch, I needed to go back to stock length.

If you lowered the car a little over an inch, I'd look into getting endlinks roughly an inch shorter than current. Could measure to get the ideal length. Un-do the endlinks and position the side of the bar to be level with the ground (suspension loaded). Holding the bushings/washers in place, measure the distance between them where the metal spacer/sleeve would go, and try to find an endlink set as close to that length as possible.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

T.t.t
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll look in the morning. I just change endlinks to shorter ones. I went back to a smaller rear swaybar and when I took the endlinks off they where bent from the stress after lowering. The shorter ones where a bit of a pain to put in but the geometry is much improved.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

I still want to know... Anybody ???

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar End Links Correct size lowered ???