Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Which ram air??

Old 07-01-2007, 03:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which ram air??

I tried doing a search but it didn't work. Who has done a comparison (real life not just dyno) between the Vararam VR2 vs the Halltech Stinger? And what were the results?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkC5
I tried doing a search but it didn't work. Who has done a comparison (real life not just dyno) between the Vararam VR2 vs the Halltech Stinger? And what were the results?

Get off the dyno comparison ****. Buy the vararam, look at TRAP speeds,...call it a day.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

vararam is the way to go
Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Get off the dyno comparison ****. Buy the vararam, look at TRAP speeds,...call it a day.
read his post again, he doesnt want dyno numbers he wanted real world comparison geesh
Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

i didnt compare. i have the vr fastest bolt on c6 in the cf 11.62 get the vr
Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
read his post again, he doesnt want dyno numbers he wanted real world comparison geesh

STand by my original post.

I'm not here to play patty cake.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

STand by my original post.

I'm not here to play patty cake.
Thats a great attitude, guy asks for one thing, you jump on him for something that has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked, then you say your not here to "Play Pattycake"? You jumped him about him about dyno numbers which he clearly stated he was not interested in, you were wrong get over yourself
Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have a vararam v2 with the "green" filter with VERY low miles that I will be selling soon.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

I already have a vararam but it got damaged pretty bad. So I was gonna get another one and was trying to see if there is one better. I know the Halltech unit gets a lot of praise but don't know anyone that has one.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:12 PM
King of the radial tires

If you can find a Halltech Tric, you'll have found the fastest CAI for a C5.

Had one on my 2001 and 2002 Z06s both of which set ET and Trap records for only CAI and DRs. Still the records today. No Vararam ever surpassed the Tric.

Ranger
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I saw your website. How the hell did you get those times??? Very impressive, I might have to come see you and learn your driving techniques. Did you ever try the Vararam or Donalson Blackwing?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
King of the radial tires

I ran either stock or with the Halltech Tric and DRs. Two configurations. But if a Vararam is truly faster, someone wearing one would have beat my records.

The techniques I developed are shared openly on my site. Working on the DVD now.

Ranger
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

I sent the form for the notification of the DVD. I've studied your tips over and over again as well. I'm a better driver than most of the vette guys I run around with but still have much work to do. So how come you never atleast tried the vararam? I think your fast times are a result of your driving. Not neccessarily the better cai. maybe not though.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
King of the radial tires

In these severely traction-limited cars, the driving remains the ultimate determinant of performance. But the Halltech Tric is a great CAI.

If someone had ever beat my times wearing a different CAI, I'd probably have tried their brand to measure any performance change. Fairly easy to do once the driving is dialed-in.

Ranger
Old 07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

If you're asking someone else to beat your time then I wouldn't call it much of a study. If you tried both of them and said product x is better because..... then we can decide something. If the product is better but they cant drive...then of course it's gonna be slower. If the product is worse and they CAN drive...then maybe it's still driver. Point being that it has to be with the same car and same driver.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 AM
King of the radial tires

If you're asking someone else to beat your time then I wouldn't call it much of a study. If you tried both of them and said product x is better because..... then we can decide something. If the product is better but they cant drive...then of course it's gonna be slower. If the product is worse and they CAN drive...then maybe it's still driver. Point being that it has to be with the same car and same driver.
From my point of view, if the Vararam were producing more power, one of the thousand or so Z06s wearing one would have beat my times. Hasn't happened over the five years those records have stood.

"Same day, same driver, same track" is a very nice concept. Pretty impractical for a private individual to carry out. And, of course, weather and track conditions change throughout the day.

Ranger
Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Thats a great attitude, guy asks for one thing, you jump on him for something that has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked, then you say your not here to "Play Pattycake"? You jumped him about him about dyno numbers which he clearly stated he was not interested in, you were wrong get over yourself

This topic, has been discussed a tremendous amount of times. It's getting old. However, it is a question, and it deserves a reply. I replied. Every car we have seen it on has gained 3-4mph in the 1/4 alone. Thats enough for me to decide what I would continue to use on our particular setups. It works, hands down. On the street, and on the track.

As far as my method of how I reply,...well, with 51 posts, I wouldn't expect you to understand my tactic's. Stick around, i've provided this website with plenty, useful things regarding GM products.

And your mistaken about jumping on someone dude,...not even close. You assume my post was angry, or whatever,...you were wrong.

Again, to the original poster,...from what 5 seperate cars down here have gained on the vararam mod alone, and from what I have seen over and over again, I suppport the vararam.

Do whatever you like though bro.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

This topic, has been discussed a tremendous amount of times. It's getting old. However, it is a question, and it deserves a reply. I replied. Every car we have seen it on has gained 3-4mph in the 1/4 alone. Thats enough for me to decide what I would continue to use on our particular setups. It works, hands down. On the street, and on the track.

As far as my method of how I reply,...well, with 51 posts, I wouldn't expect you to understand my tactic's. Stick around, i've provided this website with plenty, useful things regarding GM products.

And your mistaken about jumping on someone dude,...not even close. You assume my post was angry, or whatever,...you were wrong.

Again, to the original poster,...from what 5 seperate cars down here have gained on the vararam mod alone, and from what I have seen over and over again, I suppport the vararam.

Do whatever you like though bro.
I have over 2,300 posts (which is a pointless number in most instances) and I think your post was stupid. He stated right in his post he wasn't concerned entirely with dyno numbers.

If topics like this are "getting old" for you then why do you bother posting? I suggest the next time you see a "Which CAI is best?!" thread you just keep moving then.

Try reading the posts before you fly off at the mouth.I fail to see how you are adding much constructive at all with replies like that.I have seen some posts from you with solid information. I, and I believe everyone else, would prefer you stick to posting like that instead of the way you did here.LS1tech.com is not the place to "kick your dog" after a hard day at work. How's that for not playing patty cake?

BTW: I'm not posting in anger either. You already knew that considering your massive post count right?

To Ranger: Your driving ability is pretty rare here. I can only think of a few guys on this site that can wheel 'Vettes in your league. It's to the point where your average slob driving a Corvette (like me and the OP) can't even compare ourselves for usable info.

The OP did have a VR and it seemed to work well on his car. All he was looking for was to see if anyone had any A-B comparisons. The VR is a known quantity.However both him and I feel it is just plain good business to see if anything better is out when it comes time to go shopping again.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
I have over 2,300 posts (which is a pointless number in most instances) and I think your post was stupid. He stated right in his post he wasn't concerned entirely with dyno numbers.

If topics like this are "getting old" for you then why do you bother posting? I suggest the next time you see a "Which CAI is best?!" thread you just keep moving then.

Try reading the posts before you fly off at the mouth.I fail to see how you are adding much constructive at all with replies like that.I have seen some posts from you with solid information. I, and I believe everyone else, would prefer you stick to posting like that instead of the way you did here.LS1tech.com is not the place to "kick your dog" after a hard day at work. How's that for not playing patty cake?

BTW: I'm not posting in anger either. You already knew that considering your massive post count right?

To Ranger: Your driving ability is pretty rare here. I can only think of a few guys on this site that can wheel 'Vettes in your league. It's to the point where your average slob driving a Corvette (like me and the OP) can't even compare ourselves for usable info.

The OP did have a VR and it seemed to work well on his car. All he was looking for was to see if anyone had any A-B comparisons. The VR is a known quantity.However both him and I feel it is just plain good business to see if anything better is out when it comes time to go shopping again.

lol.

Post stands. attitude stands. Suck my ***** if you don't like that.

...and in all honesty, I typed that with a smile on my face. I read his post originally, I replied. If you deciphered that in a negative way by the words/way that I typed, then thats your fault for not thinking outside the box and assuming. I read and understood clearly, he said "**REAL LIFE**, NOT JUST DYNO". Which, in my reply, I stated, "GET OFF THE DYNO ****..."
....and that was it.

Dyno's in this business, don't always tell the full tale. In this regard, AIRBOX's on a Y-body, or much less MOST vehicles,...it is not of concern or a valid reason to purchase a system, due to HIGHER **DYNO** numbers.

Again, original posts stands. If I came off wrong, then oh well. Really don't care. As far as my chooseing to reply,...thats my choice, thanks. As far as this being an old topic,...well, whenever "I" have a question,...people tell me to search it. So,..therefore, I should have just said "hit the search button" like the rest of you *******.

Anyways bub,.....this was old after the first reply. If you'd like to continue this, or anyone else, fell free to pm me so we don't use up bandwidth telling me that i'm mean.

Crybaby bitches.

Again, stand by the original post, as well as my 2000+ before that.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ranger
From my point of view, if the Vararam were producing more power, one of the thousand or so Z06s wearing one would have beat my times. Hasn't happened over the five years those records have stood.

"Same day, same driver, same track" is a very nice concept. Pretty impractical for a private individual to carry out. And, of course, weather and track conditions change throughout the day.

Ranger
I can't agree with you on this one. Even thou it is pretty impractical, unless you have tried them both in your personal car, I wouldn't put it in these words. You have to remember one thing, not everyone has Ranger's driving skills. We all know the records you hold and I seriously doubt that you hold these records because of your CAI? I believe it's largely in part because of your Driving skills which clearly, is not something that we all possess.

So, if your records have not been broken for five years, I don't think it's because of the Vararam they are using, I'm 100% sure is more because the lack of driving skills.

To the thread starter, I've heard very good things with both setups and I'm sure whichever you decide to go with will provide great results.

Search this Thread