New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf stuck

Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maf stuck

Well I was gonna clean my MAF today to see if that is what has been causing the problems I have been having lately, but the MAF is stuck in the slp lid I have. I pulled as hard as I can and it won't come out. anybody ever had a problem like this? It is wedged in there like no other. any suggestions on how to get it out?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Take the thinnest flat screwdriver you have and pry in it in there and then rotate it around the opening and it should come off. Sometimes if they have been on there for along time they kinda bake on there and need a little help getting off.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Mine was stuck in there too. I ended up just unscrewing it. It's just the 4 Torx bolts.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why worry yourself trying to take it completely off. I bought a can of CNC MAF cleaner. Then I just loosened the clamp on the TB. Then I unplugged the IAT and the MAF and pulled out the whole LID/MAF lineup. The only thing you saw if you looked at the engine was my ported TB looking rite back at me. Don't worry about putting the little red extention tube on the MAF cleaner just spray the hell out of it from the back first and then turn it around and spray it from the lid side. And while your at it let the AIT sensor have it too! It won't hurt a thing and when its dryed out all you have to do to put it back on is slip the rubber accordian tube back over the TB and tighten it back up.Ya'll are way to complacated.

Last edited by NC98Z; 07-02-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC98Z
Why worry yourself trying to take it completely off. I bought a can of CNC MAF cleaner. Then I just loosened the clamp on the TB. Then I unplugged the IAT and the MAF and pulled out the whole LID/MAF lineup. The only thing you saw if you looked at the engine was my ported TB looking rite back at me. Don't worry about putting the little red extention tube on the MAF cleaner just spray the hell out of it from the back first and then turn it around and spray it from the lid side. And while your at it let the AIT sensor have it too! It won't hurt a thing and when its dryed out all you have to do to put it back on is slip the rubber accordian tube back over the TB and tighten it back up.Ya'll are way to complacated.
I did that before but it didn't work to well and I am thinking about seeing if it is my maf that is causing my problems so I am going to try a friends maf on my car.

ps. how the hell do you get 24mpg around town with that setup. I have just straight bolt ons and around town I get about 15-16mpg but on the highway I can get 24mpg.

Search this Thread