Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering my camaro... help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lowering my camaro... help

ok so i have a 99 z28, im looking to lower it. i really want to fill the gap between the tires and wheelwell. im thinking about the eibach springs but no sure what shock/stuts to use any suggestions? HELP?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

i dont wanna bum off your question, but im lookin to do the similar thing to my 02 Z28. so im really just wondering the exact same thing and wondering if i should only drop the back??

since the front already hit's the floor on certain roads that dip down. i think it's called the "air dam" or somethin, it's under the car. im sure if you will know what im talkin about.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

For lowering, I've heard only issues with Eibach, too soft a spring is my guess. Talk to Sam Strano, his springs lower the car about 1.2 inches with a 550lbs front rate, and a 150lbs rear rate. Match them to Koni 4th gen SA's, and your doing great. Strano can answer any of your questions, and he's great with customer service.

As for the front hitting, it's likely the Air Dam, the black flap thing under the nose of the car. That could be the road, driving style (nothing personal ), or bad shocks. I've only had a probelm with slight rear fender rubbing, but that's because of 275's on AR Torq Thrusts, along with an added ~75 pounds of speaker junk I'll soon be parting ways with.