autozone rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autozone rotors

I just bought duralast rotors from autozone. The package said something
like produced in the USA and made in China. I also noticed that the two
fronts were not identical in machining as one had a crosshatch and the other was smooth. I hope I can get at least a couple of years or about 25k miles. I am kind of extra sensitive about Chinese products because I lost my factory job of 32 yrs to China and things like killing your pets with their pet foods and 400,000 dangerous tires on the street get me upset. Oh well I've had them a few days and I am stopping better and have no front end shake.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, best of luck. I have always found Chinese parts to be inferior, and refuse to buy them. I would rather pay the extra coinage and get what I consider to be superior parts, especially for something as important as brakes.
BTW, the Chinese also bought my company and moved it to China, so there is no love lost there either.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've tried all types of rotors, and the autozone ones are the first to last me more than one year. I plan on "exchanging" them under their two year warranty just before the two years are up. I would not recomend AZ brake pads though. I really like EBC green stuff, and have had good luck with Halk
Old 07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always use autozone rotors. I usually never replace them after initial install. They always work great for me. As for pads, Ill use autozone pads...but the Morse Ceramic brand. I also never have problems with the duralast pads, but dont use them if I dont have to.

I used to work at autozone, and I rarely had rotors come back to me for failures. And when they did, I could usually figure out what they did wrong during the install. Or that they had other problems with their brakes like sticking calipers or improperly installed pads.

You should be fine with them.

Justin
Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

i used autozone rotors on my old stang no issues lasted a long time and cant beat the price
Old 07-05-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll be fine with the autozones. Any of those car part store brands are ok and cheap. If they last a year who cares. Throw on some new ones.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

I run autozone's rotors all the way around and their Performance Friction Z rated pads up front and the gold series pads in the rear. While the front pads are very dirty dust- they stop EXTREMELY well. Im talking full ABS stops from over 150mph. 150-0mph. No issues. No warped rotors, nothing. This is with stock calipers, master, abs unit, DOT4 syn fluid.