PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tables should be tranfered tunes between two incompatable OS's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tables should be tranfered tunes between two incompatable OS's?

This afternoon I upgraded my T/A's 2000 operating system (slight modification via mail order tune) to the newer 2002 system with stock calibration and now it won't idle well. With the old OS the car would idle just fine so I'm wondering if I could just tranfer the idle parameters over. What tables should I tranfer over. Would it be a good ideal to go through the tables and copy each's values over to the new OS.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the 99/00 cars have the same tune. If this is the case, there's already a stock 99 tune migrated to an 02 operating system. Go to Holden Crazy, download the tune, apply the changes from the mail order tune and you should be all set.

http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/modifiedTunes.php
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Many of the calibration tables are different between the 2000 and 2002 operating systems. Just a quick visual inspection of the spark table data between the two stock calibrations will show this. This leads me to believe that the newer operating systems have new parameters that adjust some of the tables therefore compensating for differences. Just a hypothesis since I still don't know much about tuning.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

With the HP Tuners software, you can compare different OS' and see their differences in the software.

You can also see what tables don't exist in your earlier OS, and what tables have different sizes as well, very easily.