Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone tryed this 3point subframe conectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone tryed this 3point subframe conectors?

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...c2fec056c3e95e

looks like the give good strength,

but my question is, arent they heavy? because it is made out of steel, i like the design, but i dont want to make my car to heavy,
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, they have weight. I like that set the best, because you can also incorporate UMI's other parts with it, such as a driveshaft loop. Highest quality, IMHO.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We have tons of customers that run those and many of them are on this board so I am sure you will get lots of replies on. They weigh in at 35lbs a set. If you have any questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

They are super, easy to apply high quality.Made a big difference on my car
Thx UMI.

Last edited by vikingramair; 07-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

im sure they arent as heavy as SLP's BOXED 3-point.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the crossover idea,

but one question, this or the UMI chromoly bars?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

They're GREAT at doing what they're supposed to do. So great that I don't like how rough my car feels driving around sometimes Its the nature of SFCs though. Like someone else said recently, your chassis should not be a 5th spring. I deal with it because I'm scared to twist the car up at the strip. If you're not making some killer power, don't plan on any insanely hard launches or serious time at the dragstrip, I'd second-guess doing them.

I will say as a plus though they got rid of my interior squeaks/rattles and I don't have to worry about pinching fingers in my T-tops anymore The car is very rigid now, lifting a front corner with a jack just about lifts that corresponding rear corner
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
They're GREAT at doing what they're supposed to do. So great that I don't like how rough my car feels driving around sometimes Its the nature of SFCs though. Like someone else said recently, your chassis should not be a 5th spring. I deal with it because I'm scared to twist the car up at the strip. If you're not making some killer power, don't plan on any insanely hard launches or serious time at the dragstrip, I'd second-guess doing them.

I will say as a plus though they got rid of my interior squeaks/rattles and I don't have to worry about pinching fingers in my T-tops anymore The car is very rigid now, lifting a front corner with a jack just about lifts that corresponding rear corner

i dont understand that to well,

do you mean with the sfc's or with out them?

i just need them i think, with the modds in my sign plus nitro it hink this is amust, i want to build a complete suspension in my car
Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

? I have them installed. They make the chassis rigid. This fixes the usual interior squeaks/rattles and body flex, but causes an increase in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).

And I believe you're using nitrous as I doubt nitro-methane would work well in our cars
Old 07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

They're GREAT at doing what they're supposed to do. So great that I don't like how rough my car feels driving around sometimes Its the nature of SFCs though. Like someone else said recently, your chassis should not be a 5th spring. I deal with it because I'm scared to twist the car up at the strip. If you're not making some killer power, don't plan on any insanely hard launches or serious time at the dragstrip, I'd second-guess doing them.I will say as a plus though they got rid of my interior squeaks/rattles and I don't have to worry about pinching fingers in my T-tops anymore The car is very rigid now, lifting a front corner with a jack just about lifts that corresponding rear corner

sorry was goin to pont those words out,

i'm not saying you dont make sence, just my bad english skills dont get it well enough what you mean

thanks!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like somethign i'll be buying when i redo the whole rear of my car
Old 07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

I would say that if price is not a concern, go for it. If you are not going to autocross or roadrace, I would (and did) go for their tubular 2 point SFCs. Your choice, any SFC is better than no SFC, IMO. And UMI makes the best.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

not goin to road race it.. but race it i will.. and just drive it like an maniac as usual

i just want the best out of it
Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

We have tons of customers that run those and many of them are on this board so I am sure you will get lots of replies on. They weigh in at 35lbs a set. If you have any questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
PM sent , cant wait to hear from you
Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Teching In

I have the 3pt UMI subframe connectors that I welded in. It even has an extension piece to strengthen the lower control arms. I like them very much on my 2000 and it helps incorporate my Body mounted TQ arm. Awesome product
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

isnt it available in chromoly?

thats my only worry about this, think my car is heavy enough as it is,

but maybe i save enough weigth when i get the tubular K member and chromoly torque arm to justif.. it?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

If you're going to get a cage, then get a cage...

If not, then I'd suggest the UMI 3-points. Either way you need some sort of body-stiffening going on which will add weight to the car. I've got them to help take the stress of my chassis mounted torque arm off the floor of the car, and I really really love them!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

? but causes an increase in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).
NVH was there before any SFC's went on the car, SFC's do change the frequency of the car but they don't make noise and the vibration they transmit is produced else where in the car.

Relating to Harshness, SFC's and any other structural enhancments force the suspension to do it's designed function sooner when ever the car changes direction by eliminating or reducting Uni-Body Flex. Harshness is a result of stiffer suspension design not whether that car has SFC's or not.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Okay, but the level of NVH that you FEEL as the driver or passenger in the car dramatically increases once you have SFCs installed. I understand their purpose, and why I feel the extra harshness. I just am not very happy with the feeling and would have removed them by now if I wasn't scared to twist the frame up with some more 5500rpm clutch dumps on ET Streets.

Like I said, not anything against the product. It does its job VERY WELL. I just have a problem with one of the side effects of stiffening the chassis.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Anyone know the weight difference in 3 pt chrome moly vs. 3 pt mild steel?

Quick Reply: anyone tryed this 3point subframe conectors?