Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

>>quick question on clutch overheating!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default >>quick question on clutch overheating!!!

hay guys i was driven my car today and i was at the mall and i decided i would set off a few car alarms with my exaust in the underground parkin lot and when i gunned it in 1st gear (i was at 2,000 rpm) i went till 4,500 to 5,000 rpm and then i slowed down i dident even shift and i noticed when i pressed the clutch it felt lik crap again lik it overheated or somthin, the damm pedal went down AGAIN and i dident even powershift or anything! what do u guys think it is? i hav about 65,000 miles on my stock clutch, do u guys think its slippin is that why its overheating? thanks alot guys
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

change out your hydro fluid and bleed the system fully.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

yea man i just did that tooo and i dont know why the hell my clutch would act lik that!!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
King of the radial tires

Here is what you need to do and why: Taking Care of Your Clutch

Ranger
Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ranger
Here is what you need to do and why: Taking Care of Your Clutch

Ranger
well ranger i hav used ur method i have been using ur method for a few weeks now but i hav to change my fluid in less then a week i dont know why and i dont even drive as hard as i used too! i think the diaphram in the resorvoir is deteriorating maybe thats why the fluid is turning black (but not very bad, its black but i can still see threw the fluid) so what do u think i should do?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
King of the radial tires

Originally Posted by ae13291
well ranger i hav used ur method i have been using ur method for a few weeks now but i hav to change my fluid in less then a week i dont know why and i dont even drive as hard as i used too! i think the diaphram in the resorvoir is deteriorating maybe thats why the fluid is turning black (but not very bad, its black but i can still see threw the fluid) so what do u think i should do?
If you've changed the fluid more than 20 times in two weeks, you'll need to try something else.

If you never changed the fluid until two weeks ago, you probably still have goo residue in the slave. That's the reason I prescribe the 20-30 aggressive pedal pumps between consecutive changes. They help scour out the crud.

You can also overheat the clutch disc by slipping it during the rolling burnout you described. When that happens the pedal can hang even with good clutch fluid.

Ranger
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Test your clutch by seeing if it will hold in fifth gear on the highway when you go WOT at 2000 rpm. If your engine speed soars, you need a new clutch. Do the test close to home.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Test your clutch by seeing if it will hold in fifth gear on the highway when you go WOT at 2000 rpm. If your engine speed soars, you need a new clutch. Do the test close to home.

oh yea that sounds like a good idea, i will do it, its funny u say do the test close to home lol it makes me worried lmao

Quick Reply: >>quick question on clutch overheating!!!