Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spohn K member

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spohn K member

i have seen a good prices on the web fof a complete front package, K member and A arms from spohn, both for 1k,

so i ask, is it any good? or is it cheap for a reason,

thanks!

Last edited by Thule; 07-07-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

T T T
Old 07-08-2007, 01:17 AM
FormerVendor

put upper and lower spohn tubular a-arms on my stock k-member
have no complaints

my k-member is ups'n to me right now will be in with the motor swap

customer service has been great over there, very informative

all cars i do, pretty much end up with spohn stuff on them

but i also here great things about umi
Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Spohn's poly non-adjustable upper A-arms on my car and am happy with them. I don't know if they made a difference in anything since I installed them with lowering springs, but they sure look nice :p They don't make any extra noise or anything, and I'm happy about that for sure.

Spohn makes very nice stuff. I do like the looks of UMI's road race k-member a bit more than Spohn's offering, but the A-arms look nearly identical.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have all spohn stuff on my car and love it, it helps that steves shop is only 15 min from my house, anytime I need anything I just drive over there.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got all the Spohn stuff on my car too. Love it!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Spohn products kick ***
Old 07-08-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Spohn sales great products. Thats all I have on my 3rd gen.

DO NOT BUY HIS K MEMBER UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAIT SIX MONTHS

He told me the wait would be 4 months. I ordered it January because I knew I wouldn't be ready for it till this summer. Four months came, and so did the excuses, the emails that said, it's waiting to be powder coated, weeks past, same excuses. I finally got it last month. Then he had some a arms that he was going to mod for me, he said send them in(3 months ago)so they would be shipped with the k member. Well he forgot, then I had to wait on the, "They are waiting to be powder coated excuse again. I finally got them a few weeks ago.

Spohn does make a good product. It just seems like he is over his head with these k members. Go to the thirdgen.org board if you want some more opinions.

Jason
Old 07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

steves problems started when the building he is in burned down, all but his section, but it put him under the gun, it took time to clean the shop from the water damage and they had to get genarators in there to run the shop witch he can only run one of his welders at a time, I know hes working all the time to try to get stuff out, doring the day steve is normally on the phone, his dad and 2 other guys work in the shop, but at night steve is normally in the shop working on things. he had a hard time keeping up with them before after the fire it got worse.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lethal93ta
steves problems started when the building he is in burned down, all but his section, but it put him under the gun, it took time to clean the shop from the water damage and they had to get genarators in there to run the shop witch he can only run one of his welders at a time, I know hes working all the time to try to get stuff out, doring the day steve is normally on the phone, his dad and 2 other guys work in the shop, but at night steve is normally in the shop working on things. he had a hard time keeping up with them before after the fire it got worse.

Im 15 minutes from his shop as well.Same thiong like you just said he probably just got backed up cause of the fire.If you could see the building that burned down you would probably be like okay i understand now.It's that big.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

If he would have told me that I would have understood. It was the, oh it's getting powder coated now, then the same thing next week, then it was, oh it just got built its going to powder coating. IT was the run around that made me mad and he should be more upfront about it. I hope he gets things straightend out because if he does other people like me, he won't have to worry about keeping up with orders because he isn't going to have any.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that fire was the biggest fire in history around here, you could see smoke from over 50 miles away there were some reports as far away as carlisle that could see the smoke. it was nuts. the only thing that saved steves shop was the fact there were fire doors between his section and the main building, they pulled those closed before they ran out, if they woldnt have closed those doors his shop would have burned as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.schaefferstownfc.com/fire...-10-25-06.html

http://www.hersheyfire.org/images.html?view=1&id=3017

BTW these pictures dont do anything compared to the fire in real life, you cant tell the size of the building from the pictures, that building was probably over a 1/4 mile long its huge, over 70% of it burned in the fire.

Last edited by lethal93ta; 07-08-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default spohn

I live 5 minutes away and its true the fire was ridiculous. i actually work next to the building where he gets his stuff powder coated and those guys do good work but are slow. I also know he just hired more staff over there to speed up production of the products. Very good guy.

Quick Reply: spohn K member