Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 cats, 1 gutted?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 cats, 1 gutted?

I installed Pacesetter LT's and the TSP Catted Y-Pipe a few months ago. Everything was nice and dandy until all the roads in Delaware started to get worked on... One day on my way to work something was sticking out of the road (what it was I still have no idea) and would you of guessed it, it hit my exhaust. All the damage was done to my driver side cat. There is a pretty large dent on my cat which is now rattling and spitting its insides out of my exhaust Of course this had to happen right after I finally welded up the y-pipe!!

Would it be alright to drive the car with one cat working and one cat gutting itself? Can this cause a problem?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

you should have no issues, except a ses light, and it will show something alongs the lines of cat overtemp, or o2 sensor 2 bank 1 low voltage. best thing to do would be tune out the rears 02 and cat codes. sucks you welded the y pipe, that figures huh.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

It's how the world works. All things that can go wrong will go wrong, at the worst possible time...
I have my rear 02's tuned out, so hopefully no ses light.

I just took the car for a ride and blew out a lot of stuff!! No more rattle I wonder if I can pass emissions like this. If I can't then I should beat the passenger side cat with a hammer
Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will have some hp fluctuations but you probably wont notice any differance til you get it smogged. We dont have inspections here, so I replaced mine with an ORY after only 50 miles because it was just too low with cats.