Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning delema???? Opinons please

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tuning delema???? Opinons please

Ok currently I have a custom tune from texas speed (mail order). I do not know if they changed my timing at all and they can not tell me either. I am currently spraying 75 shot and want to go to 150. In the next month or so I am doing an intake and throttle body either FAST or the Typhoon.

Would I be better off spending $550 for a local custom tune on a dyno or should I just get some type of adjustible timing tuner myself like the timing twister. Opinions and options please. Or should I buy my own tuning software and do myself without the dyno??
Old 07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT Anyone?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a real dyno tune and get her done. don't half *** it, plz. just get the car on the dyno and get the street tune done too. not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't play around when it comes to getting thing done right

or do it urself like what i did.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FSTLS1
Would I be better off spending $550 for a local custom tune on a dyno or should I just get some type of adjustible timing tuner myself like the timing twister. Opinions and options please. Or should I buy my own tuning software and do myself without the dyno??
Consider the pros and cons regarding your future plans...
If you get a custom dyno tune, you're good to go, and it will be done right. But you'll pay for any future changes.
If you buy an adjustable timing device, you're limited to no fuel changes unless you pay someone to do it (meaning back to custom dyno tune).
If you buy your own tuning software, you can change anything, but there's a learning curve involved.
If I can make a suggestion, consider what your long-term plans for the car are first, then make your decision based on that as well as your capabilities and skill level.
In the end you'll be happier that way, I should think.
Cheers!