Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Deville conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sedan Deville conversion

"That_guy" suggested I come to this forum to get help for converting my cherry '93 Sedan Deville to a LS1 or LT1. I'm thinking that I don't need to go whole hog on HP given I'm dealing w/ FWD because there is probably a practical limit where more HP doesn't give much lower ET's. I'm thinking HP in the mid 300's should give the old girl significant ability to smoke'em in more than one gear. Some questions: [*]Will these engines bolt up to the trani or is a different trani required?[*]Thoughts on how much HP is practical?[*]Will I have an under hood space problem?[*]Is there a way to install limited slip?[*]What's involved in the wiring conversion?[*]Is there an option to swap engine/trani/cradle and all so all drive train components match?

It's the first time I've tried an engine swap and as noted in my welcome post I usually want to try something that's not been done before so please be encourging and practical.

It's also been suggested I look into a North Star swap.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best choice would be an LS4/4T65, would be pretty much be a drop in.
Have to rig up the mounts and other stuff, but not too hard.
heres one....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS4-5...spagenameZWDVW
here is a thread of one going into a fiero....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/665914-our-ls4-4t65e-fiero-conversion.html
Stay away from a northstar, leaking head gaskets and case halves.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea, screw the Northstar..I have a cherry 1990 Model with the 4.5 MPFI in it, that is my DD and it is a smooth car.

What is the idea behind this..just wonderin, cause I own basically what you have, and the Car itself it no where setup for any kind of perfromance..I put 16x7 Rims on it with my old Camaro Tires(245/50's), and that greatly improved the handling, but a Caddy isn't setup for speed, unless you are just doin it for a cruiser with some guts..

Quick Reply: Sedan Deville conversion