Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best street suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Mia
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best street suspension setup

I am looking to upgrade my suspension. I am looking to get the G2 coilovers and Strano sway bars. Not sure what to get for a k member and arms or for the rear suspension. any suggestions for a street suspension?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'd not bother with any of that stuff until your shocks, springs and bars are done. Along that line, I have to admit that while biased, I see the LG coil-overs as a waste of money. They are hugely expensive and you don't even get adjustable damping, which is a huge key in making the car feel and act the way you prefer. More important than nit-picking small spring rate differences.

If you are hell-bent on having adjustable ride height, then use a set of slip-on coil-overs and weight jackers. You can put them on Revalved Bilstein's very easily, or on Koni's with a little work. If you opt for Koni's you can do the shocks and the coil-overs starting around $1169 and going up from there. AND you also get the adjustable damping.....

Or, and this is my suggestion for a street car (even a track car that's not 100% dedicated to racing). A set of out springs and Koni's. That puts you @ a starting price of $1009 on up depending on options. No, the height isn't adjustable, but I've seen a ton of broken parts from slammed heights, and my springs are about as low as I think is sane @ 1.2". The rates and heights were all determined by me for a balanced, driveable car. The rates on my springs vs. what you are thinking about aren't that different in front (550 for mine, 600 for LG), rears are. 150's for me, about 200 for them, percentage wise that's huge. And a solid axle car with not a lot of rear weight doens't need that much rear spring IMHO. I wouldn't personally choose a 3500 series Dually truck for ride or traction advantages if I never had any payload, so why do it in the car?

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you read alot in this section you will see alot of love spread around about Strano Springs and Konis. I am very happy w my combo (which includes Strano Sway bars)! It rides like a sports car should, w/out bottoming out or unecessary harshness. All together these parts have cut a couple seconds off my lap times at my local 1.8 mile road course. The best part is it did it w out giving up street manors. I truely like my suspension better now in every respect!