NT&B sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NT&B sucks

Well call national tire and battery about doing a front end aliment on my 2500 ram before putting a leveling kit in. Sure we can do it as long as you get here before 5:30, the girl said. So off I go tearing truck apart and putting it back together, took me 2hrs. Call them back to let them know I'm on the way. Get there @5:05, still no big thing. Let me set there for a hour, then spring it on me. Well sir since you Modd your truck we will not be able to do frontend today bring it back on Monday, the tech will not have any factory settings to go by and will need more time than we are open for. This is total bull. If I didn't call them and just showed up thats one thing. Well geuss they will lose my money will take it somewhere else. Guess they didn't care that I told girl up front I'd order wheels and tires on tuesday after driving truck to let frontend settle. Just had to vent.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL dude i went there for new tires once and they said i needed a new engine and transmission. i said "LOL, no thanks. just put the tires on."
Old 07-08-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
LOL dude i went there for new tires once and they said i needed a new engine and transmission. i said "LOL, no thanks. just put the tires on."
enlighten me, what was the reasoning behind that?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:00 AM
TECH Junkie

they were cool when I went to the one in carrollton( i think). I needed some tires dismounted/mounted. They said for me to give the tire guy a "tip" for a coke and he'd do it. I gave him 10 and he seemed happy. he saved me ~$40-50 .
Old 07-08-2007, 05:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

what kind of leveling kit did you get for your ram? im in need for a 2" kit but all I can find is those plastic spacers which would probably crack with the weight of the diesel bouncing on them.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
what kind of leveling kit did you get for your ram? im in need for a 2" kit but all I can find is those plastic spacers which would probably crack with the weight of the diesel bouncing on them.
Thats what I bought and thought the same. Place I bought it from said it would work and have sold a lot of them and no complaints yet. Well If if does fail I've got a friend that's a cnc operator and he took the specs and is planning on making some for his truck and a few extra.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
LMMFAO. Not NE&T.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to exclusivley go to NTB for tires until they started charing a $30 'shop fee'. i ask them what this 'shop fee' covers... they said 'misc stuff like grease, nuts, bolts, wheel weights, etc'. i say 'well i'm just getting tires... you're gonna put $30 in wheel weights on my car? no thanks, i'll take my business elsewhere'

of course before then was also the days of free front end alighments with a tire purchase.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
enlighten me, what was the reasoning behind that?

This was back when I was truly 3.4camaro. I had a 95 v6 auto. I took it there and got some tires. I had a coolant leak at the time and they couldnt see where it was coming from, so they said my block was cracked. Then they looked at my tranny fluid(which probably had not been touched in 150,000 miles) and said it smelled burnt. This meant that the seals in the torque converter were going out, and I needed a rebuild, according to them.

LOL, funny funny guys....
Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never liked NTB newayz. Would recommend going there.

Quick Reply: NT&B sucks