New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible ls1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible ls1 owner

Hello all, I am seriously considering purchasing a late model z28 or ss camaro.
I currently drive a 2005 dodge ?????. The only thing i have done to it is a turbo back exhaust and a blow off valve. It's a great car and i dearly love it but the more i think about it, the more i realize its not really worth dumping money into. The fwd just cripples the whole car. You could spend $2000 on a stock ls1 camaro and $2000 on a stock ????? and the ls1 would be a whole heck of a lot faster, would get alot better traction being rwd and would just be easier to drive i would think. It just seems that the ls1 is a whole lot cheaper and easier to make it go fast. Am i correct? The v8+rwd combo that the camaro has to offer is really hard to beat in my opinion. I just don't know if im ready to give up the srt yet. It's been my first performance car and im a little attached to it. I do like that the srt has a pretty good amount of interior room and it gets decent gas mileage for being a performance car. It is a really quick car but its hard to launch and get off the line being fwd. What can you guys tell me about the ls1 camaro that can help me make up my mind? How does the camaro compare to the ????? stock for stock as far as things like performance, interior room and fuel economy are concerned? I know this is ls1tech and you guys are gonna lean towards the camaro but I'd like some honest unbiased answers if at all possible. Thanks so much for your time.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Do it man. You will not regret getting any LS1 powerd car. ?????'s are nice and my wife just got rid of hers and I loved it, but yes you will get much more enjoyment from an LS1. I used to have a 99 SS heads/cam bolt on/ nitrous car so trust me, you will regret keeping the SRT. I now drive a heavily modded Cobra so that is as unbiased as it gets. LS1's are dead reliable and you can beat the snot out of it with no problems.

Id get a 03-04 Cobra but hey, thats just me. 600-700rwhp is a bit much to go to from an SRT.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 07-08-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Launching!

well i dont know about unbiased but i think the LS1 is awsome. i get 27+ MPG run mid to low 12s all day long at the track and can run with or beat justb about anything i run into on the road around my town. just the other night i made a post in the racing sectionn were i came up on a ferrari 360 and only got beat by about 3 cars!!! seems dam good to me with my 15k car to his 100k+ car. i am not saying the LS1s are the fastest thing you can buy but for the money stock for stock i havnt seen much of anything that will compair. 03/04 cobras maybe but they cost a GOOD deal more and still are on the same level as the LS1. and not to mention the MPG sometimes better when i can keep my foot out of it!! hell thats better then some of these little 4 bangers.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neons =
Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Launching!

not very many people (if any) have purchased an LS1 and been dissapointed, trust me!!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Id get a 03-04 Cobra but hey, thats just me. 600-700rwhp is a bit much to go to from an SRT.
flmao