Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo ? possible problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo ? possible problem

Ok i was driving to a car show and i got there and my car was smoking, so i popped the hood and looked for leaks and found it by the dipstick, so then i got nervous and immediatly thought blow by through the rings and/ or the pcv is messed, then i started to look and i added the nessicary oil and my ? is is it possible that if the dipstick isnt completely snapped in can oil leak by, like a half a quart through out a 50 mile drive...input needed...
Old 07-08-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

how is your PCV setup currently? Is there any reason for your dipstick to not be snapped in fully? (as in you removed it for spark plugs or work on headers or something)
Old 07-08-2007, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

ok checked the dipstick, and checked the pcv and double checked that there was no blow by at the rings... so i am confused as hell, cuz if i would have left the dipstick outta the block one, i would have leaked weeks ago when i did my headers and i was wondering if i didnt have the dipstick completely pluged into the dipstick tube would it leak? Cuz be4 i left for the car show i checked my oil so i may i have have left the dipstick loose in the tube so...idk
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

How many times did you boost it up on the way? Check and see if your STS pcv solenoid is opening when you are under boost. Also if you are in the gas hard,let off and hit it again you will build pressure in the crankcase due to the solenoid opening and closing to slow. What happens is you build pressure in the case and it blows the dip stick out. Also sprays oil everywhere. This use to happen to me with my STS kit.

Quick Reply: Turbo ? possible problem