Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me!!! idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me!!! idle problem

just converted my a4 z28 to an m6. i used an ls1 i already had at home. it idles good until it gets warm. then it idles ruff, knocks then dies. if i give it more gas it still sounds terrible and still dies. what could it be?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just said it knocks then dies.... I think you found your problem. Hows the oil pressure? Lets say that its not a spun bearing for time being.

Do you have the correct pcm? Have you tried the idle relearn procedure? Have you checked to see if it has thrown any missfire codes? Any vac leaks?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not oiling problem

sorry it took so long to reply. oil pressure is fine. it runs great for about 10 minutes. then it sputters and dies. i think it's a fuel problem. won't be able to check till saturday. also pcm is not working. scan tool won't read any codes.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the PCM wasn't working, the car would not start. Are you using the PCM from your A4 car? If so, did you have a M6 tune flashed in? I just compared a stock automatic and manual transmission tune from an 02 Camaro and there were over 190 differences. I don't know what year your car is so I just used the above car as an example. The possibility of all those differences could easily result in the problem your having and more. As for the scan tool problem, check the "CIG/ACCY" fuse.