PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator, New tahoe, E85?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator, New tahoe, E85?

Hey guys, I just bought an 08 tahoe, and I'm looking to buy a predator...I was wondering, is there anywhere where I can download custom tunes for a 08' tahoe? what about .bin files for hptuners off of ls1tech? If not, can I use the datalogging feature of the predator to log data, email that file to a tuner, and have him make a custom tune for me? suggestions?

what kind of power gains can I see from a stock tahoe? what if I add a volant or k&n CAI kit? Is a volant kit worth the extra $$?

After I tune with the predator, can I still burn E85? I know I'll lose power, but can I? Will it hurt anything?

do I need a new custom tune everytime I upgrade something? Exhaust? headers? MAS?

I assume you can download tunes from the internet and send em to the predator via serial/usb, right? then use the pred to upload via obdII, right? am I confused?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new, and trying to educate myself
Old 07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you can't use any other mfg.'s tune files with a Predator... you have to get Predator custom tune files created from a CMR (Chipmaster Revolution) dealer/tuner.

With the logging, you can see what's going on and adjust the tune yourself, via injector slope and PE fueling settings. There are stickies over at the top of Diablosport's forums that explain how to do this.

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=1145

for power gains, you should be able to see up to about 30hp/30tq on the truck... and you shouldn't lose any power running E85 - the tuned truck running E85 will still make more power than a non-tuned E85 truck.

No, there are no Predator tunes available online to download. There are pre-configured tunes that come already installed on the Predator though.

As far as needing new custom tunes everytime you add/upgrade something, it depends on what it is you're adding/upgrading. Just adding cat-back exhaust and/or a cold air intake, no - you don't need a new tune. You can adjust the fueling yourself to get the fuel trims back in line. But for headers, yeah - you might need to get a custom tune done.

and going through Diablosport's site, it doesn't look like they have any Predators available for the 2008's yet...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...isplay&pid=112

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-09-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll only need a custom tune of you do longtubes or a cam.
You can still burn E85 with no problem....it will still make good power.
I would suggest avoiding any aftermarket MAFs.