Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

difference between sams and voltgland??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between sams and voltgland??

so i am out at sea for our wonderful US Navy and such. mani cant wait to get home. but anyways its really hard for me to search out parts all teh time since our net is worse than dial-up. but any who i was wondering what the difference is between sam starno springs and teh voltglad springs. i'm only 21 so ride comfrt isn't areal huge issue to me. but bottoming out is since i wil have Lt headers and i hear they help kil ground clearance. but i am just wanting my money wel spent once i do spend it since i dont want to be buying and selling springs and shocks like some of teh people have done on heer. no offense to all of you that have. iplan on doing more auto-x than draggin since i love playin in curves. but any info wil help me out alot. i cant wait to get home to this car. i bought it while out on deployment. anyways see ya'l state side in august
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry I don't have info on the voltglands. Sams are 550 fronts 150 rears...1.2" drop
I am very happy w mine. It is much more stable under braking and corner entry. I dropped over a second at my local 1.8 mile road course w them.
Ride is firm, but in a good way. The higher rate soaks up expansion joints and such better than stockers. It doesn't dip much, so bottoming out shouldn't (hasn't been) the huge problem other weaker or progressive rate lowering springs.
Again ride is firm but not harsh. It now rides like a sports car. You feel dips and imperfections, but it isn't harsh.
And if you haven't already upgraded shocks...get some Konis (or revlaved Bilstiens)...you will be glad you did!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

see i havent really dont any legal type of auto cross just always hit teh back roads around town withother people. ye si knwo its not teh safest but it least i wasn't a drug head in high school is what my dad says. what koni's and i knwo if they are adjustable i will be seeking hjelp on general tuning for them. but thank you fo rthe input.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

My springs are related to Vogtland's normal springs in two ways, and two ways only. They make mine for me, but to *my* specs, and they use the same material.

The rates of the springs, the heights, all the dynamic properties are very different. And I thought they were the answer, I wouldn't have had mine made. My springs use more front rate, less rear rate and are linear working rates. I've always been against really, really stiff rear springs in the rear of these cars, which are basically pick-up truck. If you run a really high rate you need a even higher front rate for balance, but my fronts are higher then the production fronts are.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: difference between sams and voltgland??