Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken AIR/EGR tubes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Broken AIR/EGR tubes...

...on Pacesetter headers. People that have had them break, what were the symptoms leading up to it? Ever since I bypassed my AIR, I've been hearing some nice new noises, and looking at those bulbous pipes with the big friggin flange on top I can't help but think that they are on borrowed time. Why didn't I just get race headers? Too long of a story and it's moot, but hopefully before summer is over I can pick up some stainless race headers and not worry about breaking emissions provisions. Also, how long did it take for them to finally call it quits? I've had EGR blocked and just hanging out for 15k miles so far...

-J
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just have the emissions tubes welded closed on the headers?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was under the impression I couldn't weld on coated headers... my friend's old Jet Hots were cut by a shop that put a y-pipe on and then rust ate it up like a spreading disease. I realize that if the tubes break I'm fucked anyhow, but I hadn't thought about welding because I thought it wasn't an option.

-J