Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Many Rwph???

Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many Rwph???

I have only a lid and SLP LM exhaust and about to port and polish the TB and since I'm not gonna do LT's for a while, how much rwph will I gain from the PTB and the dyno tune??? I'm thinking around 10? Is that possible since I'm getting the car tuned by the best guy in the area Mike Norris? Will the the car run a little faster on the 1/4? Thanks guys!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Just out of curiosity have you had the car dynoed already so you can have a before and after comparison? I am interested in the answer myself. I am working on my conversion and I just started porting and polishing my TB and MAF last weekend. I figure it is free HP so why not do it.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

I dynoed it while back but the person who is going to dyno tune my car will run a base line before tuning! I'll let u know the results next week!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

My numbers don't really make sense, but on a dyno day w/o the ported TB my car put down 327/350. Brought the car in for tuning two years later with the only change being a ported TB and the baseline was 324? But after tuning it wound up being 340/360. So it actually showed no gain for me. Only other difference was the temp. was alot cooler on the 327/350 dyno.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eddie 70
I just started porting and polishing my TB and MAF last weekend. I figure it is free HP so why not do it.
Porting the MAF is NOT free horsepower, it is more often then not a free downgrade.

Those three sensors in the MAF read the amount of incoming air to add the proper amount of fuel , if you port the MAF or even remove the screen, more air gets by "undetected" and your motor starts to run much too lean and will usually throw a code.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 Freak
I have only a lid and SLP LM exhaust and about to port and polish the TB and since I'm not gonna do LT's for a while, how much rwph will I gain from the PTB and the dyno tune??? I'm thinking around 10? Is that possible since I'm getting the car tuned by the best guy in the area Mike Norris? Will the the car run a little faster on the 1/4? Thanks guys!
dude wait until AFTER you do lt's for a tune...otherwise it's just several hundred $'s wasted. your car will be hurting for a tune after lt's much more so than after the few mods you got now.

Search this Thread