Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal to the floor, at an intersection

Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Randomly no pedal pressure, at an intersection

As I was pulling up to an intersection, I downshifted to second, felt weird and pedal never returned. I quickly yanked it out of gear and pulled it back with my foot but wouldn't make any pressure. I was lucky and carried enough speed to coast into a parking lot and parked. I had my friend press the pedal down and I watched the fluid in the res rise 1/4". I know its not supposed to do this. I pulled the cap off and shot it back like a mini fountain. No leaks and the master cylinder is a week old, the slave is an 02 and about one month old and maybe 100 miles. Disconnected the pressure line and fluid poured out as the o-ring inside was hanging out and didn't alow for the fitting to close. I thought since it was connected that it depressed the valve and allows flow but the o-ring is no good. I also thought the plunger inside was bad but I took the cylinder apart and it checked fine. I'm confused! I assume I need a new pressure line but not sure where the problem is.

Does anyone know the part number for the hydraulic line?

Last edited by hissin'98; 07-11-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just ended up ordering the whole assembly, master cylinder and hydralic line. Gotta be something. Just for future reference, they do not offer the hydralic line separately. It is sold along with the cylinder, res and hose.

Search this Thread