Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback Wanted On Dorman Fittings For Vette FFR

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Feedback Wanted On Dorman Fittings For Vette FFR

Could someone post some feedback about the fittings that they used going from the fuel rail to the Corvette fuel filter regulator. I have seen several suggestions, ranging from the 3/8" x12" Dorman fitting: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=20 to a short fitting #107F referenced in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....2&postcount=23 in the FAQ's sticky. Then later on I read that someone had said that this fitting was not correct and that it was not long enough to snap into the female end of the FFR. If a person used the 12" long fuel line, could you not just use that whole piece instead of cutting it down as the post mentions?

What is everyone else using or better yet what did not work for you???
Old 07-11-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dorman Fittings

I used The Dorman fittings on my FFR and my single line fuel rail connection at the engine. I then connected them with Eaton/AeroQuip steel braid fuel line & end fittings. There are now other brands out there, of these same aluminum, Dorman type, Quik-Disconnect fittings. I believe Summit Or Jeg's have them in their catalog. Russell brand maybe? For the short length of tubing(pinch-tube, I guess they call it) thats needed for the female connection on the FFR, I used a short piece of the original GM metal tube fuel line & installed an Aero-Quip female(steel) slip collar fitting(that comes with a ferrule). I then threaded a male to male adapter to that, then connected my Aero-Quip s.s. braid line to that. S & P sells this short length of rigid pinch tube as well, with the fitting already on it. They also sell short lengths of this same steel pinch-tube, or bump-tube, at any good auto parts store. I stay away from plastic tubing or fittings altogether, when it come to fuel systems, as I have this vision of the in-tank electric fuel pump spraying gasoline everywhere when a cheap plastic fitting lets go. Anyways, all this information has been discussed 100's of times before & its out there. Research, reasearch, research...LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

the one that doesnt look like it fits, i believe, was the autozone part that comes with a fitting on one end from the store. no cutting/flaring.

i would like to run a stainless line from the filter to rail, but im having trouble finding adapters and hose ends that match.

i want to use dorman 800-155 out of the filter. cut it down to 3inches and flare a collar on it.
then run a stainless line to the rail.
then have an adapter like the russell quick-connect to 10mm.

but its will have two different hose ends and i cant seem to find a collar to flare onto the dorman 800-155.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Anyways, all this information has been discussed 100's of times before & its out there. Research, reasearch, research...LOL
I just wanted to know if the short Dorman fitting actually worked ok. I have done my research on everything else. I have researched on all of the other fittings everywhere else on the fuel system and have all of that down pat. In the post where the guy says don't use that part it will not work, referring to the short fitting, I had no reply from anyone else whether that was true or not to back it up.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Default Dorman Fittings

When you say Dorman fitting...I'm thinking of the nice billet aluminum quick-disconnect, female adapter fittings that they make. They click right on to the engines fuel rail, or the FFR nipples. They are an aluminum adapter. They are available with an SAE -6 male or female flare...or a 1/4 female pipe thread...or whatever. They are also available for both the 5/16" or 3/8" bump-tube size, which there is one of each, on the FFR.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was one that took the 12" Dorman tube and cut it in half then put 3/8 flaired fittings on the ends. I used one of those fittings on the FPR outlet connected to a solid stainless line that I ran to the engine compartment. Then I used the other half of the Dorman piece up there to connect to a braided fuel line with quick connects on both ends from a Corvette to connect it to the fuel rail. I found the braided piece on EBay, have no idea of a GM part number. I have an in tank fuel pump and used high pressure fuel hose to connect between the pump and FPR using hose clamps designed for that purpose. With about 4k miles and over a year in service it has worked flawlessly.

Pat
Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Stu Cool,

so if i use:
1. dorman 800-155 (3/8 x 12) cut in half and install in ffr
2. then run 3/8 x 6FT high pressure hose (no fittings or flaring done to 800-155) to fuel rail
3. where a dorman 800-121 (3/8 q/d to 3/8 nipple) will allow connection
--using 2 clamps on either end of the hp hose--
It will hold up to pressures and supply good fuel?

NAPA example for fuel hose (does the bold statement tell me NOT to do what i want to do?):
Item#: NBHH212
Attributes:
I.D.:.375" (10mm)
Features & Benefits:Recommended As the Premium Choice for Clamped Hose Applications On all Fuel Systems
Including Fuel Injection Systems. Not Designed To Replace Coupled Hose Assemblies On Fuel Injected Engines.
Working Pressure:180 psi

thanks for info!!
brad

Last edited by NismoSilvia270R; 07-11-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I would not choose to use hose over that distance, I would use some sort of metal tubing. I only used the hose for short connections, from the pump to the FPR and from the FPR relief back to the tank. My FPR is close to my tank. I used 3/8" stainless tubing, with flared ends and connected them together with flared unions. Autoparts stores sell them in various lengths. I used a tubing bender to shape them and ran them along my frame rail. You can also buy aluminum fuel line from places like Summit or Jegs in 25 foot rolls. It is a little softer and is easily shaped and can be flared or adapted to AN fittings. I chose the method I used because it was easier to fit several small pieces than to try and fit one long one. And the pieces I needed were available locally. The high pressure rubber fuel line is pretty expensive also. I think it was over $3 per foot.

hope that helps

Pat
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

thanks. i think im going to run a hardline across my firewall to fuel rail side, then run a ~18in hose
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Stu Cool,

Since you couldn't use the 107F in your application, I guess this is why you didn't use this short tube? The 107F would work fine in my application but I was a little scared that it wouldn't snap into the FFR like another person had claimed. Anyone use the short 107F that you can get at a parts store?

Quick Reply: Feedback Wanted On Dorman Fittings For Vette FFR