Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sudden soft clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sudden soft clutch pedal?

Well here is the quick story, I was doing a WOT pass up to ~150 or so until I noticed I had a pretty violent vibration. I think its coming from my driveshaft, as everything else has been tried and the shifter was vibrating significantly. Regardless, after doing this pas, my clutch pedal has been very soft. I have recently switched from a ram clutch to a LS7/fidanza alum flywheel about 4-5 thousand miles ago. Any ideas on what to check for this? Could a fluid flush remedy the situation, or do you think the vibration could have caused the problem? The car still shifts fine, and the clutch seems to hold the power fine still, So I am leaning toward the fluid. Just looking for some insight.. Thanks, Jeff
Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is your trans mount? Mine was shot when I replaced my clutch earlier this spring. That would cause shifter movement. A fluid flush never hurts to try either.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tranny mount it fine, its a poly mount. I did not replace it, but it looked like it must have been replaced right before i got the car.

Quick Reply: Sudden soft clutch pedal?