Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a picture of installed fuel injectors

Old 05-12-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a picture of installed fuel injectors

Hey guys, I need to ask someone a favor. I installed my fuel rail and old fuel injectors into my new LS6 intake, and I pressed down on the rail as hard as I thought I should. I took some pictures of mine. Tell me what you guys think of these. To me, it looks like these injectors are not all the way in the hole. I pressed as hard as I felt I should on them without damaging the intake or fuel rail and this is as far as they would go. In the first pic, you can see the fuel injector and to the right of it is the bracket that bolts the rail down to the intake. As you can see, its bolted down tightly and there is no gap there. So is this just how its supposed to look?

[img]http://www.metalreviewcentre.com/images/Fuel3.jpg[/img

Can someone please post a picture of their intake manifold with the injectors installed. I specifically need to see the base of the injector where it meets the manifold.

If you have a picture with the intake off the car, that would be better, but a good shot with it on the car would be fine.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-2003, 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need a picture of installed fuel injectors

Did you put anything on the o rings to lube them? A dash of motor oil works. I've heard vasaline does too. They slide in pretty easy when lubed up.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

When I did my ls6 intake swap I thought the same thing. They went in easy will a dab of vaseline on the o-rings. Some would "click" in where others just slide into the intake. I have had no issues and mine looks the same as yours do. I think you should be good to go.

-Tom
Old 05-13-2003, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys, no, I didn't use anything to lube em up. Since the intake is still off the car, its not a problem to pull the fuel rail and lube em up and try to slide them back in.

Tom, you're probably right, I shouldn't have a problem, but I would feel better if I tried at least once to reseat them.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Teching In

I don't see any problem. Mine were the same way on the intake swap and I even had to pull the intake twice because my father in law didn't sung down one of the coolant bolts and it leaked all over the back of the motor and on my clutch.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Ditto. Mine looked the same way. I wondered the same, if they were on right, but there was no gap before I bolted up the fuel rails.

I think you are ok.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll have to concur with everyone here that this is just how its supposed to be. I did what others suggested and pulled the rail and injectors off and lubed them up with a little bit of clean motor oil and then pressed them down as HARD as I could and they did not go in any further than they were before. I guess this is just how its supposed to be! Thanks for the advice everyone, and if anyone else comes across this and wonders the same thing, I'd say not to worry about it!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Launching!

I had the worst time trying to get the #1 cylinder inj in, it ended up looking the same as yours and NPs
Old 05-15-2003, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

I also added some motor oil and put them in and have the same gap. no problems at all.

JR
Old 05-15-2003, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Once you bolt-in the fuel rails, it's practically impossible for them to NOT be seated.

Search this Thread