Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i check my pushrods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i check my pushrods?

i stopped at my local tuner today and asked him what he thinks this tick is. basiclly you hear a metal to metal tick but you can only hear from inside the car, cant really hear anything by the engine. he seems to think i might have bent a puchrod. the car has visited the rev limiter many times lol. and has seen nitrous. btw the motor is completly stock. if this seems logical how do i check these. is there any writeups on how to do this? i thought it was an exuast leak but i defintly ruled it out. any thoughts?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Well its not to hard, Remove your coils and the valve cover on the side in question. Take a good look at the rods and the hole around it for contact indications. Loosen the rocker arm bolt allowing the spring to come up. Then just pull out the rod and roll in on true surface to see warpage. When I pulled mine out because of a tick, I found several rods that were in really bad shape. Amazing the car even ran! There is no adjustment on the reassembly. I think the torque for the rocker arm bolt is 25-35 Ftlbs ( I could be wrong on this ) Most of the time the gasket is re-useable. I hope this will help.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

thank you that does help big time. i am going to try to tackle this soon. thanks again.