Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ASR problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR problem need help

I have to drive with the ASR off because when its on it will trac low on me for no reason on the freeway smooth road and the pedal will pull away from me ill try to floor it and it goes nowhere but when the ASR is off i have no problems . this only has been goin on for two days help ?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

your sensor might have gotten clogged up, because they are magnetic and can pick up metal particles. They wiring to the sensors for some reason may have been disconnected. Does the trac low light come on as soon as the car is rolling with the ASR on? or is it only on the freeway? Have you had any service done recently or did this just start doing this?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

the low trac light comes on randomly with the ASR on . no service done to the car
Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

and no SES or trouble lights come up when this happens other than the ASR's "Low Trac." light? I would first try and pull and clean all the sensors. They are fairly easy to get to once the wheels are removed. Like I said before the sensors are magnets and can pick up metal shavings that will screw up their readings being given to the computer. If this doesnt work I guess there could be a possibility that there is something wrong with the traction control computer, but I wouldnt suspect that first. How long has this been happening?