Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter install DONE!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter install DONE!

Finally got my headers and y pipe in. It went smooth other than the fact the y pipe vibrated my floor pan!.I also put a 160 stat,Lid,3.73's and Got it tuned!
The car really came to life other than it wont hook what so ever and it is a A4 car!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Did You Have To Take Off The Steering Linkage? I Know I Did When I Did My Headers.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Did you do the BFH mod on the drivers side? (the rail under the drivers seat), oh yeah almost forgot, i did have to cut about a half inch odff the stock i-pipe to get the proper clearance. It was pushing the catback back out toward the bumper and causing the hangers too much stress.
Didn't have to remove anything other than the coil rails and the stock headers, when i installed mine. It does pull a bit harder up top too and it has a lot more down low.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Launching!

good work
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSANIMAL
Did You Have To Take Off The Steering Linkage? I Know I Did When I Did My Headers.
No, I took off the coil rails,stock exhaust,and cut the little ear off the side of the block and everything slide right into place.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Did you do the BFH mod on the drivers side? (the rail under the drivers seat), oh yeah almost forgot, i did have to cut about a half inch odff the stock i-pipe to get the proper clearance. It was pushing the catback back out toward the bumper and causing the hangers too much stress.
Didn't have to remove anything other than the coil rails and the stock headers, when i installed mine. It does pull a bit harder up top too and it has a lot more down low.
No I never had to use the BFH lol!..but i did use the BFPB (big F*cking pry bar)..to pry down on the y pipe but i think i am going to cut off a little bit of the y-pipe if i have any problems on down the road! Yea mines def run completely different but i cant tell what gave me what because i done alot at one time!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blownta00
good work
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

damm....whats up with all these questions....when i did mine, i didnt have to do jack **** to get them in, not even the spark plugs.

Search this Thread