Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen IV Idle Learn

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen IV Idle Learn

Does anyone know how to relearn the idle for a Gen IV? I removed the throttle body to put in a nozzle and now I keep getting the P2176, minimum idle position not learned. I don't think the idle learn procedure is like the LS1, I already tried cutting power to pcm and doing the 5 minutes with no AC and all. It's not saving the idle. The car runs when I clear the code, but I have to do that everytime I start the car. I also notice that when I let off the pedal it takes it time to fall back to the idle rpm, so I know it hasn't learned it. All voltages from the the throttle body are present and seems normal. I wish I had a genIII pcm.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Here ya go, straight from the horses mouth (GM). ITs kinda a PITA, but you get the hang of it after doin a few...lol.

Document ID# 1820246
2007 Chevrolet Corvette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throttle Learn
Description
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.

Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.

• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.

• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.

• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.

• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.

Throttle Learn
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle .

Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.

⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.

After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds and repeat step 6.

Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Ok, bringing this back up, but I just got a P0507 code (Idle Control system RPM High) last night and I did the above Throttle Learn and it now idles at 730-740 in drive and 880-900 in park. I just replaced the plugs and wires last week and did a visual check to make sure any plugs or wires were loose. Could it be plugs or wires loose? Any other areas to check? I put a S3 p&p throttle body on last summer and it idled a little higher than usual, but never like this.

Quick Reply: Gen IV Idle Learn