Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Maro/Impala SS Guys Panhard bar questions seeing if you guys can help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maro/Impala SS Guys Panhard bar questions seeing if you guys can help me

ok guys check it out. I have a trailblazer ss and when lowering these trucks like i have on mine or my customers rear end goes off.

Now im looking at a adjutable panhard bar and wondering if any of you can measure yours and get back to me. Would need center to center measurement and both sides adjustable. On my truck from center to center is 38 1/2 inches inches and where the bolts go thru the adjustable ends its 2 inches wide.

Now i know the camaro guys have a panhard bars out there and Impala SS guys so if anyone can give me measurements id appreciate it.

Here is my top notch drawing to show you guys what i mean lol

Old 07-12-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Impala SSs have Panhard bars? Thaught my 9C1 had a 4 link. (sorry 2 bust your *****)

I measured my stock Camaro PHB...~43".

No one is offering this for the trailblazers yet? Even if the Camaro PHB was short enough, you would need the adapters that insert into the rod ends to make it fit (to make it small enough to be snug on the bolt and wide enough to fill the bracket). If you are fabbing them, you might as well fab the PHB...that would be the easier part IMHO.

Are you looking for rod ends? If not, what about finding the measurement needed to center the rear, then have your stocker cut, add the necessary length, weld it back up (or pay a shop to do it).

Last edited by subtlez28; 07-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

43" center to center length
1 7/8" width
(stock Z28 PHB)

Maybe hit up UMI...they are talented fabricators, and there must be a market for Trailblazer SS suspension parts.

(Does this mean I get a % UMI?)
Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We curently have the upper and lower rear control arms available and are working on the PHR. I think we should have them available shortly.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/SSR.htm
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, us Pontiac guys have feelings too ya know!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
We curently have the upper and lower rear control arms available and are working on the PHR. I think we should have them available shortly.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/SSR.htm

I run tbssowners.com and feel free to post this info there. Im the main suspension person there and have lowered many tbss and this is aproblem. I talked to you guys about 3 weeks ago and got a email saying you havent and prob wont look into a panhard bar for the tbss/ssr crowd (dont think it was you) so now im trying to help my customers where ive lowered their trucks and rear ends are offset. Will they be double adjustable???

BTW my truck is in truckin magazine this month page 175 and next time they are in northern california they are doing a photo shoot on it. I would really like to get the rear end panhard bar in by that time because you can really tell on side angle pics. Anyway you can help me id appreciate it. The rear end gets pushed to the passengers side about 3/4 to 1 inch so we need a longer bar that will push it back out to the drivers side.

Quick Reply: Maro/Impala SS Guys Panhard bar questions seeing if you guys can help me