General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

what to do about my window???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation what to do about my window???

ok so i have an extended warranty with my 02 ss and my window was acting weird & turns out the regulator got bent somehow so i took it up there to get it fixed they call me back saying the warranty company denied the claim and said that wasnt under contract. how else does the damn window regulator get bent? they said i leaned against it or some freaking bullshit like that i was like wtf? so now they have my car and are going to charge a $98.00 diagnostics fee to get the car back not even fixed or anything or i can get it fixed but its $433.00 with parts and labor. what should i do? should i look around at junkyards or something??? any advice?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

i got quoted the same thing to fix my window ( was the motor though ) im guessing this is at the Stealership....

I went to Autozone, picked up my Window motor for $52.00 and installed it using a link on the site. I know yours is a regulator, but it really isnt that hard to DIY just study the instalation links provided. It will save you a ton of cash.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SmallblockV8LS1
i got quoted the same thing to fix my window ( was the motor though ) im guessing this is at the Stealership....

I went to Autozone, picked up my Window motor for $52.00 and installed it using a link on the site. I know yours is a regulator, but it really isnt that hard to DIY just study the instalation links provided. It will save you a ton of cash.

the stealership its burns chevrolet where i even bought the car and everything but they want to be gay about it