Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerstick/custom exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Powerstick/custom exhaust question

I love the sound of the Powerstick chambered mufflers...but I'm not sure if I want to run true duals. Is there a way to use a Y pipe, powerstick muffler and still keep exhaust tips, like my Magnaflow setup, or am I destined to put LT's, true duals with dumped powersticks before the axle?

I really hate the no tips look, but I love the sound of these mufflers!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/531756-true-duals-questions-answered-here-post-your-information-pics-too.html
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
I love the sound of the Powerstick chambered mufflers...but I'm not sure if I want to run true duals. Is there a way to use a Y pipe, powerstick muffler and still keep exhaust tips, like my Magnaflow setup, or am I destined to put LT's, true duals with dumped powersticks before the axle?

I really hate the no tips look, but I love the sound of these mufflers!!!!!
I'm in the same boat. I received two medium powersticks in the mail today and was all set for true duals but the guy who is welded my system up thinks i should go y-pipe and catback. So i drew up a classic chambered catback. don't know if it will work, or how much it will cost though.....
Old 07-13-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

what we are thinking of doing, is installing the powerstick just after the Y intersection, using the over axle pipe from my Magnaflow kit, then using another Y intersection to split back into two tailpipes. Luckily, my best friend works at an exhaust shop, so he's pretty much free labor.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

nice, so you will have a toal of 3 powersticks right? One in the I-Pipe then two out the back?

Thats exactly what i was thinking. But for a better look from the back I was thinking after the second y-pipe you run both the pipes parrallel to the rear axel with the mufflers welded in, then run the both the pipes over the axel and out.

Still havent decided on this option or true duals yet. Hope yours turns out well!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by meangreenformula
nice, so you will have a toal of 3 powersticks right? One in the I-Pipe then two out the back?
If I remember correctly, that is how Stainless Works has their chambered cat-back set up.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

actually I was thinking of just having one in the I pipe, then splitting into 2 tailpipes after I get over the axle....I think 3 mufflers might be excessive, plus I will probably run some hi flow cats custom built into the y pipe.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
actually I was thinking of just having one in the I pipe, then splitting into 2 tailpipes after I get over the axle....I think 3 mufflers might be excessive, plus I will probably run some hi flow cats custom built into the y pipe.
I don't know this guy is running 3 powerpacks and it still seems really loud. Check out his videos
Old 07-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/140408-exhaust-reviews-sound-clips-ls1sounds-com.html

Quick Reply: Powerstick/custom exhaust question