Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Disaster!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disaster!!!

Ok, I need some help, i put a post up on modmotortech a week ago and havent got a response yet, and i know there a whole bunch of you guys on this site that really know your stuff, and i hope someone out of the kindess of your heart will help a mustang guy.

K, i was racing and missed a third to fourth shift and hit second. I immediately put the car in neutral and killed it and pulled over. While stuck on the side of the road i could not put the car into gear while the car was running, but while off it would. So i basically started it with out a clutch and floored it to get going. I made it home in second gear, i had no 3rd, 4th or 5th. So enevitably i destroyed my clutch, a clutch install is obvious. I am a little worried about my motor and tranny though, niether are leaking anything or making any strange or unordinary noises. My clutch pedal feels extremely stiff, and seems spring loaded when released. Im curious of what all should be checked, i plan on checking my valve springs, and possibly my tranny, is there anything else i should check, or anything to help me with my situation?

Sorry soo long.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

I did the same, but I was lucky, nothing was wrong... 2 - 3 - 2 shift at the top of third, but as soon as I did 2nd I kicked the clutch and took it out of gear.

Now, a month later, Im having difficuly putting it into 2nd gear ( only when I downshift to 2nd though)... However I doubt it was from that event
Old 07-15-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check your push rods to see if you bent any
Old 07-15-2007, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PureWS6
Check your push rods to see if you bent any

I changed my oil and didnt see any metal shavings, so bearings should be okay. I dont hear any noise or ticking so pushrods are probably alright. besides in a month Im getting a head/cam setup.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Well your clutch is stuck engaged. Either you broke the clutch or the hydraulics are not disengaging it. Your clutch could have slipped so hard it melted the clutch to the flywheel or broke the pressure plate, or your fluid boiled and your hydraulics won't work at all.

Brian

Quick Reply: Disaster!!!