PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do put stock 98 PCM file /w LS1edit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do put stock 98 PCM file /w LS1edit?

My original file that i had when i started tuning disappeared on me, and i want to program the pcm back to stock so i can start over. Can i use someone elses stock PCM file?????
Old 05-14-2003, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: How do put stock 98 PCM file /w LS1edit?

My original file that i had when i started tuning disappeared on me, and i want to program the pcm back to stock so i can start over. Can i use someone elses stock PCM file?????
NOOOOO... download a stock file that matches the year of the car and use the compare option in EDIT to read the differences and change yours back manually.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or the local GM dealer can do it for a charge. That's why some people start out by reading the stock file and putting it on a disk that they lock in a safe.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Or the local GM dealer can do it for a charge. That's why some people start out by reading the stock file and putting it on a disk that they lock in a safe.
yeah I've got several copies in various locations, one in the box at the bank.

You can probably find a file to use here: http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/
Old 05-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Banned

Ok I have a 98 Camaro z28 computer. Why cant i load a stock 98 PCM file back into my computer?????

The problem is that when i saved my original stock file I got a "Bad File : Do Not Use Error" ENDLESSLY, no way around it in LS1edit and carputing told me on the phone go ahead and modify the stock file and write it to the pcm and it should work, well it didnt.

So I need a good stock file.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

As long as the calibration numbers are the same, you can load a 'fresh' file over the top of the old one.

For example, my '98Z's calibration number is 9352311. I've read several other '98 M6 cars, and they all had this same calibration number. So I can easily upload my calibration in to their PCMs, and it works just fine (err, been there, done that ).

So, if your PCM is from an M6 (and is the same cal code), let me know, and I can email you my bone stock file. My cal code on the sticker is CJHS. I also have a stock 98Z A4 file (9375591 - 3.23 gears). I don't know the sticker code on it.

-Andrew